Mission Control Mission control 'Smart Control' cutting out.

Tetley

Sep 9, 2020
Bucks UK
If I set the bike to Smart Control, all works fine until I stop for a break, and the bike times out and turns itself off. On powering up, the app gives a warning that the bike has disconnected and asks me if I want to continue the ride - NO / YES. So I press YES, and the GO arrow to restart the ride, but from this point on the stats don't change, and the map has no further plot on it except a dead straight line from the location where the bike turned itself off. I've tried re-pressing the GO button, and turning the bike off and on, but nothing will get things working again.
I have 'Display Always Active', and 'Auto Start Active' switched on in the settings, but these don't seem to make any difference.

Is this a bug, or a settings issue, anyone got a clue as to how to fix this?

Tetley

Sep 9, 2020
Bucks UK
Mmmm, seems this isn't a common issue, or no one is using Smart control.

On normal Mission control of the % assistance settings, the app only connects to the bike to set those settings, and when set, they stay like that for ever more without connecting the app to the bike.
I assume the Smart control is a 2 way communication between the app and the bike, and if this link is broken, Smart control won't work properly? Does anyone know how this all works?

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
If I set the bike to Smart Control, all works fine until I stop for a break, and the bike times out and turns itself off. On powering up, the app gives a warning that the bike has disconnected and asks me if I want to continue the ride - NO / YES. So I press YES, and the GO arrow to restart the ride, but from this point on the stats don't change, and the map has no further plot on it except a dead straight line from the location where the bike turned itself off. I've tried re-pressing the GO button, and turning the bike off and on, but nothing will get things working again.
I have 'Display Always Active', and 'Auto Start Active' switched on in the settings, but these don't seem to make any difference.

Is this a bug, or a settings issue, anyone got a clue as to how to fix this?

Let me know if you figure this out. My Gen 3 has been like this since day one. I just gave up on Smart functions and use the remote (a lot.)

Tetley

Sep 9, 2020
Bucks UK
I'm going to perform a little experiment -
I'll set up smart control for my usual 30 - 35 mile ride with around 2000 feet of climbs, then switch off the app, and see if the bike TCU is still in any kind of smart mode. I assume it will give the same calculated assistance through the whole ride, maybe tweaking the assistance to make sure the battery doesn't run out, but not giving any boost on climbs, as presumably the app is needed to detect climbing.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Count me in. I've been experiencing the same issues with smart control. Tested it again today on a 60 km tour and it simply doesn't seem to like breaks (even though I left the bike switched on). I carry my iPhone in the pocket btw.
The app notified me of an available software update for my Levo, so maybe that will improve smart control's reliability. 🤷‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles