Mission control app/smart control disconnecting

CourtIOW

Dec 23, 2019
Isle of Wight
Hi all

Last half dozen rides my mission control app not recording rides properly, seems to get distance right (compared to garmin watch), but as you can see from pics, just straight lines.
Also tried to test/use smart mode a couple of times now, and it seems to work for about 10mins or so, then changes back to standard assist modes?

I am guessing link to phone maybe? Running Samsung s10 phone, location settings all on and allowed for app. App is not set to 'optimise' for battery x so shouldn't be going to sleep ( but as distance is correct, not sure it is?).

Anyone had similar or ideas how to resolve?

Thanks

Screenshot_20200331-173013.jpg
Screenshot_20200331-173024.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I know if I walk away from the bike, it stops recording completely and disconnects (and doesn't re-connect) - you're not getting that though as it's still recording to some extent.

When I've had the lines like you have they're normally when I'd said, yes, please continue to record.

Maybe if it looses bluetooth in certain ways it still tries to carry on, but it's looks a bit more like it's loosing GPS - maybe the distance/speed is then just co-incidentally accurate ?

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hi all

Tried to test/use smart mode a couple of times now, and it seems to work for about 10mins or so, then changes back to standard assist modes?

Hi @CourtIOW

Sorry for the problems - we just released a new version of Mission Control (2.2.1) which specifically addresses the bug you mention here where SMART control turns off prematurely (under certain circumstances).

Can you check whether your app has updated already - if not please trigger the update and try again? I rode 25 miles in Heart Rate SMART control this week and it worked really well.

Thanks!

CourtIOW

Dec 23, 2019
Isle of Wight
Hi @CourtIOW

Sorry for the problems - we just released a new version of Mission Control (2.2.1) which specifically addresses the bug you mention here where SMART control turns off prematurely (under certain circumstances).

Can you check whether your app has updated already - if not please trigger the update and try again? I rode 25 miles in Heart Rate SMART control this week and it worked really well.

Thanks!
Updated app yesterday, been for ride today and the tracking of the route was perfect, so fingers crossed the smart control will work also. Will test it at the weekend and report back.
Many thanks

CourtIOW

Dec 23, 2019
Isle of Wight
Just an update. Apps been tracking all rides now perfect.
And just used smart control for quick 16miles and stayed connected and in the smart mode all the time.
Many thanks

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
To specialized Rider Care-

My latest version of mission control has been disconnecting from the bike unexpectedly and randomly over the past three days.
Bike- 2019 Levo Expert
App version 2.2.1
iPhone 11 Pro
I use Smart Control/Heart rate setting every time. Love this feature by the way!!

Here is a screenshot of the error I get. Problem is, I never know when the app disconnects because I keep the phone in my jersey. Any suggestions???? Thanks.
IMG_3924.png

Lil'Orbits

Jun 20, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Happening regularly for me also, both on a 2019 and a 2020 Levo Turbo. Sometimes it works for a while, other times it constantly loses connection and then it’s difficult to get it reconnected. Very frustrating, tried everything. Hard power reset, Bluetooth on/off, forget bike, re-add etc.. Nothing works.

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Happening regularly for me also, both on a 2019 and a 2020 Levo Turbo. Sometimes it works for a while, other times it constantly loses connection and then it’s difficult to get it reconnected. Very frustrating, tried everything. Hard power reset, Bluetooth on/off, forget bike, re-add etc.. Nothing works.

My fix was to first to forget the device in Bluetooth settings in your phone.
Then delete the app completely.
Restart your phone
Redone load the app, which should guarantee that you have the last version.
Reconnect the app to the Levo via blue tooth and Levo code.

All worked fine after I did that. Good luck.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles