SMART CONTROL

bronces

Sep 11, 2019
France
I bought recently a LEVO 2020 HARD TRAIL. The french dealer cannot explain how Mission Control works .

For chance, I found in this forum, a very good explanation (Understanding Support vs Peak Power in Mission Control App v2.0) about the “programmation” of MISSION CONTROL (MC) , but nothing about SMART CONTROL (SC) .

It’s seams that the power modelisation of SC do not take in account the profile of the road you will do. Therefore, the precision may be low: if you do a 20km uphill ride, it’s not the similar to 50% climbing and 50% descending, or 10km of climbing and then 10km descending, or the inverse.

Does SC move during the ride the initial settings of the MC (ECO, TRAIL,TURBO) during the ride? Or does the initial set up interfere with the calculations made by the SC algorithm?
Is it possible to have more details?

Thank’s

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It updates every 10 seconds. What it knows is the information you inputted....how much battery ylu want remaining when you finish the ride and how much time or distance the ride will be. It then uses the known current charge state of the battery and how much power you are using to control battery consumption....and therefore assist levels. It recommends using time rather than distance and not specifying a remaining battery level of less than 10% in order to allow for a margin of error.

bronces

Sep 11, 2019
France
Ok thank's . The important information you give us is that TIME is better than DISTANCE (easier to use in deed).

But, does SC move during the ride the initial settings of the MC (ECO, TRAIL,TURBO) during the ride? If the initial settings are 35/35, I suppose that SC can used 20/30 during a part of the ride. But higher? I suppose not. If you used ECO mode routinely, but you want TURBO assistance at a moment, I suppose that if the battery charge is limited, SC will refuse…

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have never used it but my understanding is that it is a standalone mode. Try it and see!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles