Magura discs compared to sram centre line

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hello everyone

so I swapped the sram brake on my turbo Levo for Magura MT7 and currently still running the sram discs
Fairly happy with the way there preforming and prefer the feel of the MT7 over the guide r I had

is there much of a extra benefit from changing the discs to Magura ones

I wouldn’t be changing the size as happy with the 220/203 I have

so pure wondering if the Magura disc are much of a upgrade

many thanks

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sram and nafura rotors are slightly different thickness.
Other than that they're just sheets of steel

(edit) Nafura was an auto correct error but it's fairly fitting so I'll just leave it there. ?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
So There no harm in sticking with the sram ones is there ? If there slight different thickness for example would it cause problem not running there disc

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
So There no harm in sticking with the sram ones is there ? If there slight different thickness for example would it cause problem not running there disc
I am doing the same. I have sram discs and mt7 brakes. There is no harm to be done. I just swapped out my 180mm rear disc for a 200mm (both sram) and that has made a noticeable difference. As said above, the magura are probably about 0.2mm thicker, some people would say that the magura design and thickness give them better heat dissipation but I doubt it is £100 pounds worth.
I find a quick regular air bleed from the lever makes a difference to the feel of the brake. Like this....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles