SRAM T-Type POD with Magura Brakes

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I've recently upgraded my drivetrain to the new T-Type, and am having real difficulty getting a workable placement for the POD on my bars.

It came with the standard infinity clamp. I have Magura MT7 brakes, and have the Magura SRAM matchmaker which had my old AXS trigger remote on it.

If I put the clamp to the right of the brake, it's too close to my hand - and almost rubbing against the upper knuckle of my thumb.
If I put the clamp to the left of the brake, I find it quite a stretch to reach.

There is the option of the SRAM POD Bridge Clamp for £60, but I can't see how that's going to work with the Magura matchmaker, as it looks like it would point in the wrong direction.

Just wondering if anyone has a working solution... other than going back to using the older AXS trigger remote?! I like the POD and the feeling of the buttons - so would love to get it in a place where it's comfortable to use.

First world problem I know... but annoying none the less!!

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I use the old AXS shifter to keep it all in the right place. had exactly the same issues as you, but actually prefer the older shifter (with upgraded paddle).

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I use the old AXS shifter to keep it all in the right place. had exactly the same issues as you, but actually prefer the older shifter (with upgraded paddle).

I really like the feeling of the POD, but unless I can get a decent method of placing it, I'm also going to have to revert to the old trigger one.

psycho29

Jan 8, 2022
Andorra
Hey guys, I've just found this:

large_display_2a624926-3b7d-4d63-8239-9912d3d65734_743842.jpg

You will need to use a 3D printer in order to have the adaptor made, it looks like this:

Pasted_Image_21_2_24__19_22.jpg

You can download the file from here: Printables

I hope this helps :)

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
I use the Pod Ultimate on three bikes. I tested it with the Magura MT7 HC3 and MT8 carbon (race line) brake levers and default Pod ultimate mount. Worked for me. As everything it is a personal thingy ;-)

I'm not a big fan of the Magura levers. So exchanged them for Shimano XTR M9120. This works together with the Pod even beter. Using now the Magura MT7 race line with Shimano levers.

Dylan-Cortado

Mar 5, 2024
Australia
Do you have photo's you can share? Interesting to see how they look.

I use the Pod Ultimate on three bikes. I tested it with the Magura MT7 HC3 and MT8 carbon (race line) brake levers and default Pod ultimate mount. Worked for me. As everything it is a personal thingy ;-)

I'm not a big fan of the Magura levers. So exchanged them for Shimano XTR M9120. This works together with the Pod even beter. Using now the Magura MT7 race line with Shimano levers.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
As Another update to this. A customer of mine put me onto to a product developed by Bike Yoke. Super Nice solution. Quite Expensive though.

Mount your SRAM Pod Controller directly to your brake lever.
I don’t own the POD Bridge… so buying this would save me the £60 to get one.
Might give it a try.
To be honest, I’m quite happy with the way I have the original bar clamp now I’m used to it… but it’d be nice to one less band round my bars.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles