Sticking T-Type POD button

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve been running the T-Type transmission for about 4 months now. About 5 weeks ago I’d washed my bike and left it for an hour or so to dry off before lubing the drivetrain.
I normally run the chain round a couple of times with the lube on it… then run it back and forth through the gears.

When pressing the down shift button, it felt stuck. Normally, the POD buttons give a really nice tactile click… but the down button was giving nothing - it was solid. I pinged the button off with a flat screwdriver to look underneath thinking there might be a bit of grit or something. There’s not much to see… but the actual button underneath wasn’t pushing properly. I ran a brush under it thinking it might dislodge something, but it didn’t really fix it. I took them both off and put them on… and it eventually worked better after pressing it loads of times.

Today, I was out on a ride, and the same thing happened… half way through a ‘clean’ ride (pretty much all on concrete paths and roads). The down button was rock solid. I could still press it really hard and it worked, but it lost the tactile nice clicking feeling. After about 30mins of riding and shifting (pressing it very hard) it returned to semi normal. Not quite as clicky as it should be, but not solid anymore.

Since getting home, I’ve removed the button again… and it seems fine.

Anyone else experienced similar… and know what is actually causing the problem?
I really like the POD shifter, and now prefer it to the older shifter / rocker. If it’s going to keep doing this, I may have to think about reverting to the older one.

IMG_5581.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles