Magura Brakes

Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
Hi the front brake on my cube stereo 140 race is a magura mt trail, today the bleed screw on the lever decided to come loose and I lost some fluid and now I have no front brake, the screw seems to have lost its thread does anyone know if or where I can get some replacements.

STC

Aug 25, 2018
Derbyshire
Hi the front brake on my cube stereo 140 race is a magura mt trail, today the bleed screw on the lever decided to come loose and I lost some fluid and now I have no front brake, the screw seems to have lost its thread does anyone know if or where I can get some replacements.
You can get a spares pack .
I got some in a mini service pack from Chain reaction cycles , they are a type of plastic with a tiny o ring . I think it was around £20 which sounds a lot for the screws only but the other spares are handy .

Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
You can get a spares pack .

I got some in a mini service pack from Chain reaction cycles , they are a type of plastic with a tiny o ring . I think it was around £20 which sounds a lot for the screws only but the other spares are handy .
Saw that kit but couldn't make out if they were included May get it as a service kit anyway cheers

Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
It's back at the LBS now it's under warranty so they are sorting it going to get some spare tho, bit stupid being plastic but I suppose it could be due to oxidation. I wonder what the thread is

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
The whole lot is plastic.
They are great brakes you just have to go easy on the screws especially the bleed screw. It’s only a reservoir cap with an o-ring, fingertips on the driver, doesn’t need torquing down?

STC

Aug 25, 2018
Derbyshire
The whole lot is plastic.
They are great brakes you just have to go easy on the screws especially the bleed screw. It’s only a reservoir cap with an o-ring, fingertips on the driver, doesn’t need torquing down?
Same with the clamps I have cracked one of those too !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles