Covid and travelling to trail centre

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Hi , looking for opinion on traveling to my nearest trail centre , do I or don't I ?
My nearest is Sherwood pines , 45 minutes away . I'm in tier 3 area and so is it , I'm in Lincolnshire and Pines is in Nottinghamshire .
Got my first ebike and dying to go somewhere and try it , set it up etc . Had one ride local but it's an absolute mud bath , took me an hour to clean it all .
I've been good right through this pandemic , obeyed the rules as I'm a key worker , but the rules are a bit woolly on this . I'll be alone , won't be stopping on the way etc and it's not far away .
What's the general opinion ? Am I out of order travelling into next county , even if is in same tier ?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I'm sure you'll get a mix of opinions. Best put on your flame retardant suit?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I don't know what to say, just go ride in some local woodland, but if it's as Waterlogged as we are here in Wales, then don't bother.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I know , I've just got this itch I can't scratch lol . If it was any further away I'd not even consider it , some of my work colleagues travel further to come to work

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I would definitely go. If you are going to go to Pines and normally use the carpark, check that it is open first. With a bit of creativity, you will be able to find other places to park nearby. In addition, the Pines staff may not be working, so if you get yourself into trouble, they will not be available to help retrieve you from the depths of the forest.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
You are your own person, doesn't matter what people say on the forum, it's for you to decide. I doubt many people are going to begin confessing that they've broken the rules to go biking Just so it eases your conscious a bit.
if you want to do it..... do it. Just hope you don't get pulled over.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I would definitely go. If you are going to go to Pines and normally use the carpark, check that it is open first. With a bit of creativity, you will be able to find other places to park nearby. In addition, the Pines staff may not be working, so if you get yourself into trouble, they will not be available to help retrieve you from the depths of the forest.
I know Pines well , raced there for years , was somewhere I used to go every couple of weeks at one time . Got a couple of parking areas I know of but tend to use main carpark now because don't go often . Not cheapest place to park but the money helps support trails etc .

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Cops have far more to deal with than mtb'ers cycling on the wrong hills/trails. In my opinion as long as your discreet and courteous then why not go and have fun ??

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thank fuck we have armed guards with orders to shoot to kill on our border is all I can say.

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
Go....kids can go to school,you can go to work...its all an absolute joke...my daughter works in health care so gets tested twice a week,results are just complete random to the point when she made the call to ask whats with the random results the woman at the other end just giggled...seriously

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Thank fuck we have armed guards with orders to shoot to kill on our border is all I can say.
here they are
  1. Captain George Mainwaring
  2. Lance-Corporal Jack Jones
  3. Maurice Yeatman
  4. Private Charles Godfrey
  5. Private Frank Pike
  6. Private James Frazer
  7. Private Joe Walker
  8. Reverend Timothy Farthing
  9. Sergeant Arthur Wilson
  10. last but not least "the red soup dragon"

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Same tier..?
Just do it man ..if you were going into a different tier then you would perhaps stop to think about it for a second ..
Do a lap for me while you are there ..
Yes , same tier , if we'd slipped into tier 4 here I wouldn't even consider it

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
I'll go pines now and see how badly the red route is waterlogged.

The grey area is doing something which puts you at risk of needing medical attention, but the mental/physical benefits of getting out i feel are worth it.

As for the car park, i paid for a years pass but since they are tearing down all the jumps i'm not sure if the money towards the trail maintenance is actually worth it

:mad:

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
glad i had my ebike. got to pines just after 2pm to discover it was closing at 3. :D full speed around the red it was.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia

Mr Brown goes off to town and he aint twenty one .
But he comes home each evening and he`s ready with his gun .

Cos we are the boys who will stop your little game .
We are the boys who will make you think again .

Ashley M

Dec 29, 2020
Derbyshire
Hi , looking for opinion on traveling to my nearest trail centre , do I or don't I ?
My nearest is Sherwood pines , 45 minutes away . I'm in tier 3 area and so is it , I'm in Lincolnshire and Pines is in Nottinghamshire .
Got my first ebike and dying to go somewhere and try it , set it up etc . Had one ride local but it's an absolute mud bath , took me an hour to clean it all .
I've been good right through this pandemic , obeyed the rules as I'm a key worker , but the rules are a bit woolly on this . I'll be alone , won't be stopping on the way etc and it's not far away .
What's the general opinion ? Am I out of order travelling into next county , even if is in same tier ?
Hi
im in Derbyshire but ride Pines there are no restrictions on how far to travel
keen to meet up with other Emtb riders as I’m fairly new to this

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Hi
im in Derbyshire but ride Pines there are no restrictions on how far to travel
keen to meet up with other Emtb riders as I’m fairly new to this
I did go yesterday , don't know why I worried , I've never seen it so busy , and I've been there alot ! It was mental , que to pay , que for the loos and cafe outsales was rediculous .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles