M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Screenshot_20231201-183358.png

RobRides review coming soon?🤞

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
At last, Rob got the right frame 😁
The subject in the video is 100% up to date. Exactly reason I went with DIY ebike.
4k EUR we can build light ebike with customisation we like. Where is the point of buying 10kEur ebike and upgrade wheels, stem, handlebar, dropper post, T transmission, grips, brakes, multitool, etc.

Another point is, unification of DIY ebike, we can build the battery, reuse the cells, use lab psu and charge battery way we like.
IMG_20231201_201909.jpg
Uograde the bike? Not a problem, get new frame and swap over rest of the parts. DIY is the way.

like-bike

Nov 14, 2023
Italia
At last, Rob got the right frame 😁
The subject in the video is 100% up to date. Exactly reason I went with DIY ebike.
4k EUR we can build light ebike with customisation we like. Where is the point of buying 10kEur ebike and upgrade wheels, stem, handlebar, dropper post, T transmission, grips, brakes, multitool, etc.

Another point is, unification of DIY ebike, we can build the battery, reuse the cells, use lab psu and charge battery way we like.
View attachment 130113
Uograde the bike? Not a problem, get new frame and swap over rest of the parts. DIY is the way.
It would be nice to have a video tutorial for making the bike. like for me there are no problems from a mechanical point of view but in the electrical field there are. so having a guide wouldn't be bad with advice from the more experienced

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
Has anyone experienced headset creaking on this frame? I Just had my 4th ride today and it started creaking quite badly.
I have been riding mine for around 10 weeks mostly grade 3 to 5 tracks and had no problems at all.
The assembly is tricky make Sure everything is lined up correctly if the small locator dimples don’t line up that may cause a problem. Grease the bearings where they mate with the carbon frame, if it‘s dry it will creak for sure.

Muerte

Dec 8, 2023
Austria
Hey there

I am new here and I have a question. I'm currently thinking about buying a LCE930 frame. I have nearly all of the parts for the build here, but for the crank I don't know what the standard is called that I have to use/that I have to look for. Can you give me a tip? Are there models which are not tooo expensive but also light?

I further think of the BT F014 (410Wh) Modell, or is it better to use the 360Wh type?

PS sorry for my bad english :) and thanks for your tips

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Hey there

I am new here and I have a question. I'm currently thinking about buying a LCE930 frame. I have nearly all of the parts for the build here, but for the crank I don't know what the standard is called that I have to use/that I have to look for. Can you give me a tip? Are there models which are not tooo expensive but also light?

I further think of the BT F014 (410Wh) Modell, or is it better to use the 360Wh type?

Look here: Carbon Fiber Cranks 165 Q:8 FB Isis Standard (Black) for E-BIKE & MTB & ROAD & TRACK

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
Hey there

You will get 170mm cranks with the motor-kit. In my opinion they are a bit long, but that is personal preference of course.

410Wh battery is for 43V and 360Wh is for 36V version. 43V is some kind of Bafang speciality. 36V it would be easy to find range-extender later.

Muerte

Dec 8, 2023
Austria
You will get 170mm cranks with the motor-kit. In my opinion they are a bit long, but that is personal preference of course.

410Wh battery is for 43V and 360Wh is for 36V version. 43V is some kind of Bafang speciality. 36V it would be easy to find range-extender later.
Thx for your thoughts

I think i will try the carbon cranks KaroKönig linked.

I found this color examples: Color Samples Lightcarbon
Also love the work from @KaroKönig but I do not think that i am able to do it myself. So which color scheme do you like?

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Thx for your thoughts

I think i will try the carbon cranks KaroKönig linked.

I found this color examples: Color Samples Lightcarbon
Also love the work from @KaroKönig but I do not think that i am able to do it myself. So which color scheme do you like?
our frame can both fit for 36V and 43V battery, but we only can supply 43V battery because now bafang company request the MOQ,
the crank 170mm is the standard parts of motor kits, if you want the lighter nad shorter crank, try KaroKönig linked.
KaroKönig is a color master, his painting is so cool, and I remember that he had shared his spray painting experience before,
also someothers shared about how to paint in LCES004’s post in this forums,

Verdo07

Oct 22, 2023
Italia
our frame can both fit for 36V and 43V battery, but we only can supply 43V battery because now bafang company request the MOQ,
the crank 170mm is the standard parts of motor kits, if you want the lighter nad shorter crank, try KaroKönig linked.
KaroKönig is a color master, his painting is so cool, and I remember that he had shared his spray painting experience before,
also someothers shared about how to paint in LCES004’s post in this forums,
@JimLee-Lightcarbon do you also supply the motor if you order the frame or just the battery? or even the battery, engine end chassis package?

Muerte

Dec 8, 2023
Austria
Hei there
a further question: what kind of frame protection film you use for LCE930? Are there specific sets out there fitting perfekt to the 930?
thx

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Hei there
a further question: what kind of frame protection film you use for LCE930? Are there specific sets out there fitting perfekt to the 930?
thx
I used 3M Rubber Mastic Tape 2228 on the downtube, motor cover and on the seat stay, where there is a possibility of chain bounce on and chipping any paint.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Is it possible to buy only one kit with frame and motor? On the website they say minimum order two pieces.
one set is acceptable, the MOQ is 2 sets in web you means in alibaba? Now the Alibaba page has been reformed. For products with tiered prices, the minimum order quantity must be approximately equal to 2 sets, This is a requirement for website display, not a requirement for our company

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Hi all! I have an LCE930 frame on the way and have a 2023 Fox Float X Performance shock 185mm x 55mm. Will this work on this frame and if so will I need additional hardware? This will be the first shock that I have installed with the threaded mount holes on the shock body side.

The width at the upper mounts is 54mm and the depth of the threaded mount holes is 10mm. It doesn't have the bolts that were from the original bike.
fox-float-x.png

Based on the pivot bearing size (21x12x5) I am thinking that if the frame doesn't come with them I will need m10 pivot bolts that are 21x17 with a 2mm spacer as shown below.
pivot bolt.png

Any guidance would be deeply appreciated! I look forward to the build which I will document carefully, post here, and upload to my YT channel.

Last edited:

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hi all! I have an LCE930 frame on the way and have a 2023 Fox Float X Performance shock 185mm x 55mm. Will this work on this frame and if so will I need additional hardware? This will be the first shock that I have installed with the threaded mount holes on the shock body side.

The width at the upper mounts is 54mm and the depth of the threaded mount holes is 10mm. It doesn't have the bolts that were from the original bike.
View attachment 131280
Based on the pivot bearing size (21x12x5) I am thinking that if the frame doesn't come with them I will need m10 pivot bolts that are 21x17 with a 2mm spacer as shown below.
View attachment 131281
Any guidance would be deeply appreciated! I look forward to the build which I will document carefully, post here, and upload to my YT channel.
the shock is fit for the frame, bolts for top and bottm on the frame, but you need get the bushing kits M8 x 22.2mm for bottom,

cwoodffr

Jan 4, 2024
Toronto
Hi all, just ordering from Jim (great communicator). Looking forward to the build! Its for my wife so that we can ride longer rides together with me self powered. This looks to be the lightest I can build. Past experience with carbon builds is a great fatbike from ICAN.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles