M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
I did another run today. 35km, 1060m of elevation. Some of it was on boost, majority, in sport and eco on the flats. Came home with 12% battery left. Motor for sure has a lot of power. For me, more than enough. In boost is is very rapid. But the battery from 30% to 20% was drained very quickly. And below 20% you are getting only cca 120w max, regardless of the power mode.

Bike also handles well. Additional weight on the downs is quickly forgotten. :)
I also noticed the power reduction below 20% battery level. On the one hand, this is quite early, but on the other hand, it is a good protection for 1P range extenders so as not to trigger the BMS too early.

haydz26

Jul 12, 2023
new zealand
what has everyone ended up with in terms of steerer tube length on the forks? im piecing together all my bits but looking at used forks but wanting to know roughly how much steerer length ill be needing. cheers

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
what has everyone ended up with in terms of steerer tube length on the forks? im piecing together all my bits but looking at used forks but wanting to know roughly how much steerer length ill be needing. cheers
Sorry I forgot to measure, I think mine was 180mm and it’s ok! I even have a spacer, I need to double check

Just checked the specs and the head tube lenght for size L is 120mm, check your wanted stem and see the total

Last edited:

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Different frame size have different head tube length. Mine on size M need 18,5cm steertube length with Renthal stem.

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
I spoke to Anna Shen from Fieldebikes Co., Ltd. and they do have stock of the main cable for the M820, it was $18 for the cable and $20 shipping and some tax on top. I asked her if she could confirm a picture and she sent this one. I asked if she had additional stock and they do, so if anyone is looking for one they have them. Apparently, there is 5 more days of national holiday and she estimated 8 days ship time to the USA. This maybe useful for @brbr @kaylee.s @Utility or anyone else looking to get one in a quicker time period.

52A1D380713A1A6F7FED9BAE1471285F.jpg

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
I spoke to Anna Shen from Fieldebikes Co., Ltd. and they do have stock of the main cable for the M820, it was $18 for the cable and $20 shipping and some tax on top. I asked her if she could confirm a picture and she sent this one. I asked if she had additional stock and they do, so if anyone is looking for one they have them. Apparently, there is 5 more days of national holiday and she estimated 8 days ship time to the USA. This maybe useful for @brbr @kaylee.s @Utility or anyone else looking to get one in a quicker time period.

View attachment 125841
I sent that picture to them when requesting a cable. (that picture came from Jim at lightcarbon).

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
Fingers crossed they checked and we are getting the correct ones. The company I purchased my units from unfortunately don't seem to have stock and a back up won't hurt to have when it does come. I figured this should be 15 days ish vs 40 days, so if I'm able to get out 3 weeks or so sooner I'll be happy with that!
I picked up mine and my wife's frames yesterday! They look great! I'll post some pictures when I start the build.

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
I just received these photos from the other company, I think the same as yours @kaylee.s ( I bought the cables separately as they said they had stock) I just wanted to double check these are the correct ones, there are two cables in the picture. Thanks!

2DA4A7A894A7D95165D7EE1EF26CB2A8.jpg 0693C78F3E7E7F70D74409723BDDCEFB.jpg

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
View attachment 126165
I still need to upgrade the fork (I almost did it yesterday for a 170 Lyrik at 230€ but I have a house to build 😂)
For now it’s around 19.9kg with full btf014 battery
your are not satisfied by the pike ? i find it working well and it's more light than others . what is the size of your tires / travel of your suspension and the BB height (crank shaft axis to ground)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
your are not satisfied by the pike ? i find it working well and it's more light than others . what is the size of your tires / travel of your suspension and the BB height (crank shaft axis to ground)
It’s a revelation with pike stickers 🙄
It’s a 160mm front and I have a 185x55 in the back.
I have 2.6 tire in front and 2.4 in the back, these tires are great, but the longevity seems bad…
I did not mesure the bb height yet

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Little bit heavy because of coil shock?
Yeah the shock is heavy! Also, I have the original steel spider that I need to replace and my tires are quite heavy as well. The only light thing here is the fork that I want to replace :D

plough

Jul 6, 2023
Ireland
Hi guys, in the middle of my build, I presume the extra cable to the control panel is for a different controller or maybe a light 🤔. I'm not sure if the magnet on the rear wheel is connecting as the motor isn't kicking in when I turn the cranks and spin the wheel. I Don't want to take toe motor off to see if everything is still connected as it was some job to get it on.
Can't wait to finish this 🤞

IMG_20231008_184854.jpg IMG_20231008_184831.jpg IMG_20231008_184801.jpg IMG_20231008_184854.jpg IMG_20231008_184831.jpg IMG_20231008_184801.jpg

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
Hi guys, in the middle of my build, I presume the extra cable to the control panel is for a different controller or maybe a light 🤔. I'm not sure if the magnet on the rear wheel is connecting as the motor isn't kicking in when I turn the cranks and spin the wheel. I Don't want to take toe motor off to see if everything is still connected as it was some job to get it on.

View attachment 126335 View attachment 126336 View attachment 126337 View attachment 126339 View attachment 126340 View attachment 126341
I believe that extra one is for the Beest tool ( to update software and tune the motor) I'm not sure where it's supposed to sit though, where does everyone else have it located? I'm waiting on this cable then I'll start my build.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
i don't know for the m820, but if it's alike other M series, it's normal if the motor don't turn when you turn crank arms with wheels in air. It's need effort on torque sensor and you can provide that only with resist with wheel on ground. Check if speed is diplayed on HMI when you turn cranks to control if speed sensor working correctely

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France

View attachment 126335 View attachment 126336 View attachment 126337 View attachment 126339 View attachment 126340
Do you have a pic of your cable before connecting it? Or do you remember all the plugs? It should be connected to battery, motor and display. The light cables are just simple cables with no connector.
And also, speed sensor should ve connected directly to the motor

plough

Jul 6, 2023
Ireland
i don't know for the m820, but if it's alike other M series, it's normal if the motor don't turn when you turn crank arms with wheels in air. It's need effort on torque sensor and you can provide that only with resist with wheel on ground. Check if speed is diplayed on HMI when you turn cranks to control if speed sensor working correctely
Thanks for that 👍, hopefully it's like the other M series. Will give it a check tomorrow

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
If You are brave enough to drill and mill slotted holes into Your frame, I would recommend rubber grommets like this and skip the routing through the headset…

IMG_1271.jpeg

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
thaeber
I can mill no problem, have cnc and can make a nice template to copy the hole. Just have to look for the gromets. THX

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
thaeber
I can mill no problem, have cnc and can make a nice template to copy the hole. Just have to look for the gromets. THX
I'd be cautious to drill any holes as it could structurally effect your frame especially in that headtube junction area. I work with composites a little and I would imagine there is not the necessary excess in material or strength to be able to start cutting holes without consequences. I did however find a solution that might seem good, I haven't started my build yet but I'm going to mount the rear brake with these adhesive cable guide mounts and run that one on the outside, so ease of maintenance. I'll attempt to run the other through the headset. I guess if you did that with wireless shifting and dropper it would be even fewer cables.

cable guide.jpg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I'd be cautious to drill any holes as it could structurally effect your frame especially in that headtube junction area. I work with composites a little and I would imagine there is not the necessary excess in material or strength to be able to start cutting holes without consequences. I did however find a solution that might seem good, I haven't started my build yet but I'm going to mount the rear brake with these adhesive cable guide mounts and run that one on the outside, so ease of maintenance. I'll attempt to run the other through the headset. I guess if you did that with wireless shifting and dropper it would be even fewer cables.

View attachment 126435
What makes me quite optimistic here is the fact that in the CEF50 tread You can see the frame is also optional available with exactly that slotted holes and grommets. I don’t think they reinforce the frame to machine the additional holes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles