M510 motor no support

m.john

Feb 14, 2021
Germany
Hi everybody,

Since 2 days I encountered massive motor issues.
Brief description of the problem:
After motor start up it either shows full support, meaning full indication of support bar right side of DCP245 and no support at all. After one or two resets (ON/OFF) the support bar is blank but still no support by motor upon peddaling. Many more resets later (between 5-10) motor and indication on display seem normal.

Background: I did a bike wash on Sunday morning to clean the bike. NO Kaercher power hose use. Simple garden hose avoiding to spray directly on motor, battery compartment and openings with cables behind. First ride all normal, but still a little wet dripping out of frame.
Break of an hour and battery level, should showed 50-60%, but was bouncing around 10-0% intermittent power support followed by system shutdown, or jumping to normal level with normal support and behaviour.
Next day, startup with a red 12, resetable on first attempt, followed by the problems above. Indication of full support resetable to indication of no support, both with no support. ON/OFF/ON/OFF etc. until motor is normal again. These two indications, full or no support, now happen on any longer shutdown phase. If system recovers, it stays ok until the next longer break. (>10min.)
I took everything apart to look for any rersidual water, nothing found. All dry.
Any idea what might be wrong or what I could check for?
Torque sensor issue, maybe? Often discussed here. Any further recommendations appreciated?

Anyone got Bafang customer service mail address for EU?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Sounds very
Break of an hour and battery level, should showed 50-60%, but was bouncing around 10-0% intermittent power support followed by system shutdown, or jumping to normal level with normal support and behaviour.
Sounds very much like a connector problem, check the usual culprits of the display connectors not being pushed in far enough and down at the motor end, also make sure the connectors are pushed firmly into the correct place.

Voltage levels changing could also be the battery to motor connectors are not mating correctly. Make sure the battery clips firmly in and has some pressure holding the battery connector and motor connector together.

Washing a bike will not bother the Bafang motors, their protection is good enough to not have problems. Jet washing and hitting water puddles at speed will bother most motors however.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles