Lube me up

baydoh

Dec 22, 2020
Australia
I have been using Muc Off-dry E-Bike lube and have been happy with it. I also have started to use Muc Off- wet E-Bike lube now we are coming into winter (Australia) Could anyone recommend an all-rounder? I don't tend to ride when it's raining but do ride when the trails are wet. Cheers

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I use Muc-off dry lube in dry conditions as it smells so nice! Peaty’s do some great lubes too but don’t know if you can get them in Oz

I use motorbike lube in the winter, Motul is a good brand and is a great all rounder. I use this as I find Muc-off wet lube makes a complete mess of the drive train and takes ages to clean & degrease properly, whereas Motul doesn’t attract the dirt and shite and is much cleaner

baydoh

Dec 22, 2020
Australia
I use Muc-off dry lube in dry conditions as it smells so nice! Peaty’s do some great lubes too but don’t know if you can get them in Oz

I use motorbike lube in the winter, Motul is a good brand and is a great all rounder. I use this as I find Muc-off wet lube makes a complete mess of the drive train and takes ages to clean & degrease properly, whereas Motul doesn’t attract the dirt and shite and is much cleaner
You're right about the wet lube. I cleaned my drivetrain yesterday and it took ages as there was heaps of crap everywhere!

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Only used Muc Off wet once and it was horrific stuff. Not looked back since moving to Rock n Roll Extreme Blue. Use loads per application but lasts ages and doesn’t get mucky. Buy the workshop pack and you get massive refill bottle and a small one with spare nozzles.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
And I thought I was just shit at cleaning my chain! Never thought to blame the lube.
I guess I'll be getting something else next winter.

Thank you for the tip guys!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles