Dropper post lube

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Any lightish oil seems to do the trick, if its one with an unscrew able collar, just unscrew the collar and dribble a bit of oil in, slide it up and down a few time and screw the collar back on.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
What about a small amount of lithium grease?

I reckon it would be fine, I've used all sorts over the years, chain oil, lithium grease, engine oil, whatever I had to hand at the time, it all seems to do the trick really. But a lightish oil like chain oil seemed the best.

Cocodrilo

Apr 13, 2021
C0c0dril01962
IMG_8901.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I use wet chain lube on the dropper and shock/fork stanchions before I start on cleaning and lubeing the chain. I just let it sit on the rubber seals for a while. Once the bike comes off the stand I push the dropper down and release and wipe off...same with the shock and fork. The oil brings any dust out of the seals but also some oil remains on the shafts as they get pushed down through the seals. Once cleaned off I spray all those parts with silicone shine.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
But of light lube after a wash up and down a few times to clean seals then make sure there's nothing on it but air when you ride!!

Edmu

Jun 29, 2021
Puerto Rico
I use wet chain lube on the dropper and shock/fork stanchions before I start on cleaning and lubeing the chain. I just let it sit on the rubber seals for a while. Once the bike comes off the stand I push the dropper down and release and wipe off...same with the shock and fork. The oil brings any dust out of the seals but also some oil remains on the shafts as they get pushed down through the seals. Once cleaned off I spray all those parts with silicone shine.
Is this safe for carbon frames? (I read that certain grease or lube compounds expand and damage carbon fiber.)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Is this safe for carbon frames? (I read that certain grease or lube compounds expand and damage carbon fiber.)
sorry mate....no idea. No idea either why anyone would want anything carbon on an e MTB!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles