Looking for advice: Trek 9.8 or Cube 140 SLT

eMTBSwede

Dec 4, 2020
Gothenburg
Hi all eMTB experts!

I have spent countless of hours google eMTB reviews to find my next bike. I'm quite picky and geeky when it comes to components. I'm looking for a carbon frame, Magura MT7 brakes and preferable AXS system topped with Fox suspension, and all this to as low cost as possible :)
I got a good deal on a Trek 9.8 from a local shop but as it not fulfill my wish-list of components I'm looking for alternatives and found the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SLT which cost slightly more than the deal I got on the Trek 9.8.
Trek seem to win all tests in riding characteristics, looks super good but has 6 month delivery time(!), and no AXS system. The Cube 140 STL is available right away in my size, XL, and has awesome components. So why do I hesitate? The suspension length is on the edge to be too short for my type of riding. The frame do not seems to be as refined in the reviews I've seen. E.g. the charging plug got a lot of criticism and one open question mark is the speed sensor on the 2021 model. It seems to be improved on the Cube 160, anyone that has a 2021 of 140 and can confirm?
Why not go for Cube 160 STL? It has 27,5" (I prefer 29") and only available in XL with the Nyon display which is bulky, cost extra and just a high risk that it will break.

Anyone with experience from 2021 Trek vs 2021 Cube?

Unfortunately are most reviews for 2020 bikes but found these to be good for an equal comparison:

Sorry for the long post but it probably cover a fraction of all my thoughts going on right now :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles