Newbie looking for advice on ebike charging

ahiskydiver8

Dec 6, 2023
New Zealand
Hello all
new to forum but been ebiking for about a year on my orbea rise m20 2022
love the bike and riding here in NZ, rotorua area
sadly bike recently stolen and got it back but my charger not working, definitely confirmed charger and not bike (shop was able to charge)

Anyone know if the battery management system is in the bike internals? I am hoping I can design a charger as opposed to the $300NZD cost for a new one

Any advice appreciated, I didnt see a post about it
Thanks!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Why would your charger stop working because your bike was stolen? Have you tried charging the battery out of the bike as well as via the charging port on the bike?

ahiskydiver8

Dec 6, 2023
New Zealand
Ps.....a home made charger is not worth the risk!!
I knew I shouldnt have mentioned all of the extra details
Doesnt seem like the charger not working has anything to do with the bike being stolen
must just be a coincidence because the charger was with me the entire time

When I got my bike back after a few months I plugged the charger in and saw that the charger didnt seem to work (green light on for a second then off) regardless still tried to plug into the bike because I couldnt remember how the lights on the charger correlate to status and the bike didnt charge
so I took it to the shop and they charged the bike no problem with their own charger which confirms it is a charger issue
I dont think pulling the motor and batteries is worth it since it was able to charge with a different charger

I may just open up the charger to see if there is a loose wire or or if I can see a circuit board fault

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles