Newbie looking for advice

Seven

May 17, 2020
Sheffield
Hi all,

I bought a Specialized Turbo Levo back in 2018, rode it once around the block and stuck it in the garage with my other bikes,
With the C-19 malarkey I've been riding it every day for a few weeks and am loving it!!
I want to upgrade the forks to Fox 36's but am wary of ordering the wrong ones,
Just wanted to check and make sure of the correct type please?

Are the Rockshox Reba forks that came on the bike "Boost" fitting?

Will these forks fit my bike please?
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...at-factory-fit4-boost-fork-2020/rp-prod195481

Thanks a lot for any advice and help,

Joe.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Hi Joe,

I think you would be better getting Fox 36e which are the E-Bike specific forks. I can't find them on CRC but here is the Fox url Explore 36 E-Bike Forks | FOX

The Ebike forks tend to be stiffer and cater for the added ebike weight. Using 'normal' forks may mean you'll get flex and the rider may not be great. You also may need to over volume reduce the air chamber but don't quote on me on that.

Cheers

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
A quick google suggests your current setup is a "Boost" wheelset and this review suggests a 51mm offset, so yes though forks should fit and work with your setup. I wouldn't worry too much about them not being e-bike specific forks personally, that said if you could get the e-bike version, then get them for the reason posted above

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles