Looking for a XL frame fitting a bafang

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Hello, I've been looking for a full suspension frame to fit a bafang mid drive motor (G620/G510 or something similar) but have found it quite difficult to find something fitting I'm around 190CM and the bikes i use are XL (21"/54CM)

So far I've contacted multiple alibaba sellers and most of them don't have any larger frames then L, One seller offered to design and make me one but i didn't fully trust that considering the price seemed way too cheap.

I've seen the dengfu E10 available in XL but from what i understand these don't do too well in wetter conditions? (it rains alot here)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what frames there are available to me to pick from? I'll post some images below of some things i've found so far

I quite liked these frames and i think I'd buy one but after contacting the seller they only come in L
1681637197117.png

Another option that doesn't seem to come in XL (haven't contacted sellers, haven't seen any listed in XL anywhere though)
1681637515276.png

This seemed like a nice set to buy to have it all in one go but after contacting the company there was again no XL version.
They did offer to sell me a dengfu E10 though but somehow couldn't access the listing.
1681638698738.png

This was offered to me through RFQ on alibaba but it wasn't in XL, I was offered to have drawings made for a custom version and the whole thing would cost 186.5$ wich seemed way too low for the amount of effort etc required when i'd only buy one. I have my doubts about this one being legit or there not being some "unexpected" price increase.
1681639287952.png

This frame does come in XL but it has some weird space behind the battery I'd fully expect to fill with water/dirt, theres a hole for the cables but i doubt that drains well.
1681639772169.png

This Frame seems like one potential option it also come in XL but it being carbon and not having been able to find much info about it i'm not sure how trusted it can be. (or if it even comes in 29" versions i think this is 27.5)
1681639978315.png

Current bikes i use are
Trek Fuel EX5 XL 2022
Ideal VSR Comp 26 XL 2016(i think) BBS02B conversion

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
It seem that you prefer purchase an frame who nobody know. Than one with lot of return, with the few defects identified and with several solution shared in this forum. good luck for your looking for.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
I'm not a 100% sure what you mean, I wouldn't mind going for something more well known but I'm struggling finding much in the size i'm looking for.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I'm not a 100% sure what you mean, I wouldn't mind going for something more well known but I'm struggling finding much in the size i'm looking for.
you saied "I've seen the dengfu E10 available in XL but from what i understand these don't do too well in wetter conditions?"

normal that you have read some defects, it's the only one in your selection really used in weet condition (by english customers :confused:) and for wich you can read returns.

Personally i wash mine E10 (alike my LCES1075) with karcher (lower pressure) and i never had problems of moisture, but i have anticipate these and i have perform few adaptation. Basic work of DIY bikers.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
He's telling you to look at Lightcarbon.
I'll take a look at that too, thank you!

you saied "I've seen the dengfu E10 available in XL but from what i understand these don't do too well in wetter conditions?"

normal that you have read some defects, it's the only one in your selection really used in weet condition (by english customers :confused:) and for wich you can read returns.

Personally i wash mine E10 (alike my LCES1075) with karcher (lower pressure) and i never had problems of moisture, but i have anticipate these and i have perform few adaptation. Basic work of DIY bikers.

I'm assuming the main area water gets into is the battery compartment? or are there other areas too?

Sent a message to the seller of the last frame in the first post, It can use 29" 2.3 wheels

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Those of us in the UK which seems to be the mud and water capitol of the world of Ebiking and have the E10's are not seeing any real problems of water ingress. It always seems counter intuitive that having ridden almost water logged trails how little moisture is actually inside the battery compartment despite having no real protection. I would put the E10 as comparible to most brands.
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG

Last edited:

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
So far it looks like the dengfu's are the best options I'd really like the E22 because of the M620 but a bit hesitant because of the size, the 20" may be okay. The E10 seems to be around the same as my trek ex fuel 5 (non electric) Does anyone possibly have these 2 frames/bikes in 20" and 21" for a comparison if it hasn't already been posted somewhere.

I'm not sure how the motors fitting the E10 compare to the BBS02B 750w that I'd be coming from, It seems like a bit of a downgrade but could be wrong.

Dengfu E1015",17",19",21"M600/M51029*2.648v 17.5AH 840whDoesn't seem far off in size from my Trek
Dengfu E2216",18",20"G510/M62029*2.648v 17.5AH 840wh20" may work would preffer the M620 over the E10 motor options
LightCarbon LCES107517",19", 21"M60029*2.35????Would probably pick the dengfu options over this
Seroxat JL18S???G510/M620???????21" listed as option but not in stock
Mystery E23M,L,XLG510/M62029*2.3DP-5 Hardly any info to be found other then some videos

Mystery E23 video

Those of us in the UK which seems to be the mud and water capitol of the world of Ebiking and have the E10's are not seeing any real problems of water ingress. It always seems counter intuitive that having ridden almost water logged trails how little moisture is actually inside the battery compartment despite having no real protection. I would put the E10 as comparible to most brands.

Thank you, thats helpful info:) Did you add any kind of protection?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
So far it looks like the dengfu's are the best options I'd really like the E22 because of the M620 but a bit hesitant because of the size, the 20" may be okay. The E10 seems to be around the same as my trek ex fuel 5 (non electric) Does anyone possibly have these 2 frames/bikes in 20" and 21" for a comparison if it hasn't already been posted somewhere.

I'm not sure how the motors fitting the E10 compare to the BBS02B 750w that I'd be coming from, It seems like a bit of a downgrade but could be wrong.

Dengfu E1015",17",19",21"M600/M51029*2.648v 17.5AH 840whDoesn't seem far off in size from my Trek
Dengfu E2216",18",20"G510/M62029*2.648v 17.5AH 840wh20" may work would preffer the M620 over the E10 motor options
LightCarbon LCES107517",19", 21"M60029*2.35????Would probably pick the dengfu options over this
Seroxat JL18S???G510/M620???????21" listed as option but not in stock
Mystery E23M,L,XLG510/M62029*2.3DP-5Hardly any info to be found other then some videos

Mystery E23 video

Thank you, thats helpful info:) Did you add any kind of protection?
I've not added any protection other than making sure all the holes in the frame I'm not using are filled with blind rubber grommets. I have a very early frame and I don't have the battery lid release, I know Dengfu did some work around the cover in this region. Ask Patdam or Theaber how they view any possible ingress of water here. There is also a couple of mods on the battery and key lock, some have done away with both. If you read the E10 thread you will find them there.

The E10 frame is a big med and big L so you may want to get comparible plans and check the dimensions.

I've had a BBS02 on 52V and the M600 is much the same. The new M610 will be your go to. My M600 has done over 2K in pretty horrid conditions and going well. The later engines also allow the BEEST tool to change the parameters which my V1 cannot. For the 0.3kg weight increase of the M610, if you are used to the BBS02 then think the M610. The M620 is over kill in my view and you end up having to beef up the battery to get any sort of riding range.

Have to say the Dengfu frame is bit porky in weight compared to the latest and the geo is considered a bit non fashionable ( simply run the front 20mm longer travel than the rear ) but I like mine a lot. My mate has a Rail and its not unsimilar in ride feel, sort of a cross between the Whyte "ride in the frame" and the Trek of being a bit more upright. To date there are no reports of breakage or cracks and I would say it is now well and truely proven.

Another frame you may want to look up is the Typhoon frame from Aus.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
I run a 5
I've not added any protection other than making sure all the holes in the frame I'm not using are filled with blind rubber grommets. I have a very early frame and I don't have the battery lid release, I know Dengfu did some work around the ...................
Could always add some rubber where needed in the end i guess.

I run a 52v pack on the BBS02b 750w as well.. 14s5p pack with Samsung 35E cells, are the M600 and M610 (didn't see this one listed for sale) around the same power at 500w?

This should be the my trek, it's from 2023 but i think the frame is the same as the 2022
Screenshot_5.png

I'm not too concerned about extra weight here and there

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Watts is watts, the 500 you mention is just a notional value for the authorities to look at and say yep its US spec or 250W an EU. ( its a bit more complex than that, its to do with what amps will cause it to to overheat ) The BBS02 is rated correctly and will max out at about 750W's on the 48V and about 850 or so on 52volts unless you have already used the free software to alter it to your hearts content.

The M600 / M610 will put out about 900 - 1000 W's on 52 volts dependent on what amps have been programmed from the factory. So not unsimilar but a totally different engine in that one is simply cadence and the other a mix of torque and cadence to operate the motor. You will be astonished by the different feel of the motors.

The E10 will comfortably only take 14S3P in 21700 batteries although with a bit of effort you can fit a 14S4P battery. There's a thread somewhere on this site with the 14S4P build and my own thread on a 14S3P battery.

My E10 with pretty chunky tyres, Marzocchi 170mm Z1 and pretty mid range everything else is about 23.7kgs with the 800Wh battery.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Watts is watts, the 500 you mention is just a notional value for the authorities to look at and say yep its US spec or 250W an............................................

I'll probably go for the E10, still want to take a look at motor options for that one and figure out what paint to have done, it doesn't seem too expensive to have it painted by dengfu.

1681831007100.png

I'm not sure about getting a full battery or just an empty case to build one yet either would be nice to build something custom with ANT BMS again.

For parts it would probably be whatever has a good deal on it at the time, maybe a pnw bar with pnw XL grips because i have them on the trek and have been pretty happy with them.

I think my current one is over 35kg.......

Screenshot_6.png

Sorry I might have misled you with the M610 motor, I was thinking of the M560 motor
No worries!, i'll take a look:)

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
doesn't seem too expensive to have it painted by dengfu.
The standard gloss is very good, just add vinyl colour wrap in the appropriate places where the wear and dings are expected. The carbon layup on mine is pretty high quality and the gloss sets its off well.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
The standard gloss is very good, just add vinyl colour wrap in the appropriate places where the wear and dings are expected. The carbon layup on mine is pretty high quality and the gloss sets its off well.
may go for something like the luna x2 the flake type paint, just been struggling to find good examples for protection wil probably just wrap the chainstay with an inner tube and find some protective stuff on ali

still waiting for dengfu to get back to me on the pricing for everything.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
probably just wrap the chainstay with an inner tube and find some protective stuff on ali
No real need when you can simply add a few layers of the vinyl wrap or even cheaper you can get some pretty good imitation Carbon Fibre tape ( which is just a thick version of the vinyl wrap ), the chain still hasn't worn through mine after 2.5K Km.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Waiting on the whole price from dengfu for the lost below. No display because i want to order the eggrider V2

- E10 Frame in 21"
- Luna paint no logo's
- M560 motor (no display)
- Empty battery case
- Mounting brackets/mounts for the battery
- Buttons/charge port etc if that's not included in the brackets/mount
- Charger
- Thru Axle
- Headset

No real need when you can simply add a few layers of the vinyl wrap or even cheaper you can get some pretty good imitation Carbon Fibre tape ( which is just a thick version of the vinyl wrap ), the chain still hasn't worn through mine after 2.5K Km.
I still have some inner tube floating around, it's like 2 euro for another one at a cheap stuff store.

May just get some of this type of stuff
1682065627549.png

Currently looking at other components to get and will dig through the forums a little for ideas too.

Last edited:

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Does this mean no more uart motors or eggrider isn't going to make anymore uart displays for bafang?!? Curious because I was going to pickup a eggrider for my uart bike in the future but now I'm worried
From what i understand bafang doesn't make uart motors anymore

Been trying to make a list of part options, Will need to figure out what tools / consumables i'll still need too
and extras like fenders, GPS, phone holder i'd like:)
1682257742866.png

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Theres no real advantage of 11spd over 10spd as the motor torque setup almost is better with a wider step between gears unlike a human who needs a constant cadence. You can save a lot of money in the short term and even more in the long term by going 10spd.

Look at the Marzocchi Z1, its a 38mm Rockshox fork at about 1/2 the price of the equivalent Zeb and almost as good.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Theres no real advantage of 11spd over 10spd as the motor torque setup almost is better with a wider step between gears unlike a human who needs a constant cadence. You can save a lot of money in the short term and even more in the long term by going 10spd.

Look at the Marzocchi Z1, its a 38mm Rockshox fork at about 1/2 the price of the equivalent Zeb and almost as good.
ll take a look at other cassettes etc later, could be that by the time im ready to buy the parts theres some nice discount here and there and this will be completely different

ive taken a look around for those forks, the cheapest ones that i could find are around 750 to 900 euro, im not willing to spend that much on a fork at this point.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I think it‘s Fox, not RS…
Ah you are correct, great forks and really enjoying mine.

There seems to be a number regularly on Ebay here in the UK, I paid way less than 1/2 price for mine, they looked brand new and had been ridden for only a few hours. I think the more expensive versions are the coil version rather than air spring.

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
ll take a look at other cassettes etc later, could be that by the time im ready to buy the parts theres some nice discount here and there and this will be completely different

ive taken a look around for those forks, the cheapest ones that i could find are around 750 to 900 euro, im not willing to spend that much on a fork at this point.
check out Bird's surplus E-bay page. Bird Cycleworks | eBay Stores

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
1682684850964.png

Just got the price, could anyone who's ordered directly through email before confirm that's the legit paypal adress?
Since it's different.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles