Looking for hardtail frame for Bafang M620/Ultra

billwymanlc

Mar 5, 2024
Oregon
New here -- I caught a great deal on an new M620. Thought I would just keep it as a backup for my QK Ibex, but decided I want a hardtail bike for touring. (Plus it's 52V and the Ibex runs on 48V.)

But literally the only m620/Ultra hardtail frames I can find are:
Either from Alibaba and I can't seem to get any of those sellers to ship me a 'sample'
OR,
A titanium frame which will cost over $1000 shipped, frame only.

Part of my problem with FS frames is that the rear shock typically invades the space where I'd like to put a big triangle battery. But I'll also need to have a rear rack and panniers, and those options are very limited for FS bikes.

Any other leads?

Other questions:

No way to mount that motor on an M600 (or other Bafang mid-drive) frame without cutting and welding, right?

Am I incorrect in believing that a carbon frame will be less durable than a metal (aluminum/titanium/alloy) frame?

TIA for any assistance!

Ksem07

Mar 2, 2024
Belgium
New here -- I caught a great deal on an new M620. Thought I would just keep it as a backup for my QK Ibex, but decided I want a hardtail bike for touring. (Plus it's 52V and the Ibex runs on 48V.)

But literally the only m620/Ultra hardtail frames I can find are:
Either from Alibaba and I can't seem to get any of those sellers to ship me a 'sample'
OR,
A titanium frame which will cost over $1000 shipped, frame only.

Part of my problem with FS frames is that the rear shock typically invades the space where I'd like to put a big triangle battery. But I'll also need to have a rear rack and panniers, and those options are very limited for FS bikes.

Any other leads?

Other questions:

No way to mount that motor on an M600 (or other Bafang mid-drive) frame without cutting and welding, right?

Am I incorrect in believing that a carbon frame will be less durable than a metal (aluminum/titanium/alloy) frame?

TIA for any assistance!
After taking a quick look, here are some interesting ones i found. these ones seem to be the most interesting:

- Bafang M620 Mid Drive Aluminium Frame 1000w 48v Vuil Bici Elektrische Chinese 26 Inch - Buy Bici Elettrica,Electric Bike 1000w,E Dirt Bike Product on Alibaba.com
- 2022 Nieuwe Collectie 1000w Hardtail Frame 29 "off Road Elektrische Mountainbike 768wh Lithium Batterij - Buy Off Road Electric Mountain Bike,Hardtail Mountain Bike,1000w Electric Mountain Bike Product on Alibaba.com
- Oem Matte Black 1000w 48v Emtb Bafang M620 Road Fat Tire Bicicleta Eletrica 1000w Elektrische Fiets - Buy Bafang M620 Sport Fat Tire Hard Tail Electric Bike,Oem Matte Black 1000w 48v Emtb,High Range Aluminum Rim 27.5 29inch Product on Alibaba.com

You could also go for a Dengfu E14 frame, but that one doesn't support the M620 motor (Compatible with M560, M600)

I had the same worries as you, but you really shouldn't be worrying too much about frame material, go with whatever you feel most comfortable in.

billwymanlc

Mar 5, 2024
Oregon
Appreciate the response, but you’ve exactly identified the problem. Those links are for bikes, not frames. And the E14 won’t work w/ that motor.

There are frames shown on Alibaba, but minimum order quantities tend to be between 10 and 100. Many storefronts offer samples, but it seems they only want to sell them to businesses, not individuals.

Still looking : (

Ksem07

Mar 2, 2024
Belgium
Appreciate the response, but you’ve exactly identified the problem. Those links are for bikes, not frames. And the E14 won’t work w/ that motor.

There are frames shown on Alibaba, but minimum order quantities tend to be between 10 and 100. Many storefronts offer samples, but it seems they only want to sell them to businesses, not individuals.

Still looking : (
Yes, the listings are indeed for bikes, and not frames. However, i talked with some of these companies and they were actually willing to send me a frame as a sample. So you could try that maybe? Good luck!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles