Levo won't turn on after charging

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
My 2020 levo won't turn on after charging.

It did this last charge too, plugging / unplugging the harness about 10 times and it suddenly worked. Now this time its done the same again, but won't turn on at all.

It hasn't got wet for over a month, so its not water. Took the cover off and disconnected the harness lead but can see nothing wrong with it. Also took the TCU out but can't see much wrong there. Its charging as I see the lights flashing away when the charger is connected and the red light on the charger box. The reset procedure does nothing.

Bike is stored in a dry garage.

Does anyone have any ideas? My LBS is still shut I think, well they aren't answering the phone.

Last edited:

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Just tested it this morning, switched straight on, with nothing touched apart from the on button. Spent over an hour trying everything last night on it.

pretty strange fault

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
The TCU will have moisture from the air, put some electrical tape over the rubber cover. I'ts been very cold the last few nights.

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
I have found that the battery connection (plug from the motor) is very susceptible to contamination.

On a couple of occasions I've been able to fix a "won't switch on situation" by simply wiping the plug and connector.

I am very careful when washing/cleaning my bike around this area.

It's worth a try if you get the problem again.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Did plenty of wiping yes. In the past I've caused it through water, but its been dry for a month or so. Garage is integral so its never very cold in there.

I spoke to Berkshire cycles this am and they reckon its the TCU firmware, and I need to take it in to get it updated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles