Help, 2019 levo won't turn on.

JBs

May 10, 2020
South Wales
Im new to the forum and can only be called a very casual mountain bike rider. Yesterday after washing my levo down with a hose not pressure washer, i placed it on charge after it had air dried. The battery is showing fully charged with 4 green lights next to the charge port and green light on charger. But when i connect the terminal it will not turn on. The 4 green lights flash alternatively then go off, so if you number them 1 to 4, 1 and 3 come on together and alternate flashing with 2 and 4 together. Anyone got any ideas apart from water ingress?

Thanks

JBs

May 10, 2020
South Wales
Solved. The main connector as mentioned was clean as a whistle, so i removed the side plastic to trace the cable back to another connector. This area was full of pine needles and dirt. This connector seemed to come off easily without having to lever the retaining clip. Cleaned out and a squirt of contact cleaner. Now working perfect.

Lethallee

May 13, 2020
Fife
Im new to the forum and can only be called a very casual mountain bike rider. Yesterday after washing my levo down with a hose not pressure washer, i placed it on charge after it had air dried. The battery is showing fully charged with 4 green lights next to the charge port and green light on charger. But when i connect the terminal it will not turn on. The 4 green lights flash alternatively then go off, so if you number them 1 to 4, 1 and 3 come on together and alternate flashing with 2 and 4 together. Anyone got any ideas apart from water ingress?

Thanks

I have had the same issues:

1. Specialized replaced my wiring harness under warranty, that fixed your issue.
2. I have found that if you very carefully inspect the very small pins on the wiring harness, that one of them will pick up a tiny bit of dirt and not allow it to spring up to the height of the others, use a very small pick to get the dirt out and the pin will come back to the same level as the others.

Sidecaer#64

Jan 3, 2019
Andover,Hampshire
Hello JBS, just to help with your cleaning routine, if can afford or can get a small air compressor, best thing i ever brought. once i wash my Levo remove the TCU on top tube and remove all water and also check the 2 connectors that live in with the TCU, then i remove crank ( non drive side) remove engine cover and make sure all is dry and clean inside, remove power cable make sure is dry, i do not use any contact cleaner or anything inside. This is my weekly routine on my 2019 Levo and I've had no problems at all.

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
The version 3 of the harness cable was only released recently so your 2019 won't have it on. Had the same issue with mine. Unfortunately the Levo is no more, too many power failures.
Nice new colours and suitably increased prices for 2021, but as expected, still the same old reliability issues

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Bit confused by these harness version numbers. My Levo was built in May 2019 and I thought it had version 1. I got a new harness around New Year which I thought was version 2. Now talk of version 3. Anyone explain, got pictures, please?

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
I had the same issue with my 2019 Levo - although it would turn on after unplugging the battery and then plugging it back in. I lived with this workaround for a couple of months, but then decided to get it sorted before the warranty ran out. I got a new power cable, which didn't solve the problem, and after that a new TCU, which did turn out to be the solution, and so now everything works perfectly - including my original motor !

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Hi
I posted on this a couple of months back

and this one. Shows a different clip on the harness

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles