Levo Gen 3 Levo gen 3 model choice question

FirstAscent

Subscriber
Apr 5, 2023
Portland
Poor wet/loam performance, especially on steep trails, especially braking. Thin casing, like a ballon on narrower 30mm rims for poorer aggressive cornering/loading. 2.4 thicker casing tires much better for me, especially on heavy ebike that takes alot of compressive loads from me
Gotcha. My new wheel set should be arriving Tuesday, I’ll be throwing on cushcore at the same time which should also give it some sidewall support. Then I’ll test the tires more, I’ll at least burn through these and worst case just go to my tried and true Maxxis.
Yeah pushing mine 90-95% on most every ride since I don’t know any better and former racer dude. I am trying to back down as I age (50), but these bikes and today’s trails just begs for more. So for very pleased with basic suspension for 90-95% of stuff I do, just need to go up another volume spacer in shock I think. No bottom out last night on big senders, but every mm of traveled used View attachment 113226
Sweet! No holding back 🤙

tjl5709

Feb 20, 2023
Michigan
I have put on about 75 miles on my new Levo Expert. At 62, its most likely more bike than I need, but with the sale and the fact I needed a new MTB, I was all in on eMTBing. I got so tired walking up some of the hills with my analog, and this has me looking forward again to hitting the trails. These things are outrageously fun.

Oakhills

Jul 27, 2022
Oakland, California
Yeah pushing mine 90-95% on most every ride since I don’t know any better and former racer dude.….
Hell yeah, that’s the what to do it! I have similar background, couple years older though. I’m going to have to install volume reducer(s) in the X2 as I’m using all the travel, but not pushing the rental bike yet and not bottoming hard. It a good bike indeed.

jgusta

Mar 21, 2021
USA
Hell yeah, that’s the what to do it! I have similar background, couple years older though. I’m going to have to install volume reducer(s) in the X2 as I’m using all the travel, but not pushing the rental bike yet and not bottoming hard. It a good bike indeed.
Buddy blew his X2 on his Expert with me today by rides end,. Just fast, mixed trail riding. Only his 5th ride this year (I got 86 rides this year). Has 20 lbs on me, but not a ton of riding on his bike for this to happen. I think X2 and 38 overated myself. Think FSR suspension platform so good, don’t need air shocks with lots of complexity/circuitry in my opinion. Float X and Rhythm 36 all good here. Have Zeb3 Ultimate with no rush to install

whwv

Dec 29, 2021
Bay Area, CA
I’m close to your #3 and it’s crazy fun. Started as a Levo Pro, but after 2 shock rebuilds in 6 months I put on the 11.6 and it took a great bike to the next level. Save some change for minor brake upgrades (rotors/pads) and you should be set.

Oakhills

Jul 27, 2022
Oakland, California
Have you noticed that you bottom out more with the 11/6 Over the X2? Some people claim the 11/6 bottoms way too easily on the Levo, but I have a difficult time believing such things as Push is pretty thorough in their testing and setup for a given bike…

FirstAscent

Subscriber
Apr 5, 2023
Portland
Have you noticed that you bottom out more with the 11/6 Over the X2? Some people claim the 11/6 bottoms way too easily on the Levo, but I have a difficult time believing such things as Push is pretty thorough in their testing and setup for a given bike…
All bikes are different of course but I’ve always felt my Push on my Wreckoning felt bottomless, I’ve been quite happy with it. As you said, I’d think they’d set it up correctly for the Levo with the supposed frame specific tunes they do

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
My experience with the 11/6 on the enduro has been pretty flawless. I’m right on the border of weight recommendation for springs and I went with a heavier spring so I don’t get any bottoming out. The geometry of the older enduro I own is a bit different from the Levo but I imagine the shock performance is similar. Regardless my experience this the air shocks on the Levo was surprisingly good.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I would hope that a $1000+ shock would be good….. I am not a fan of Fox products, they are the best racing suspension you can buy but are you racing? To me, being able to adjust every thing on a shock gives me more ways to screw up how my bike rides.

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
I would hope that a $1000+ shock would be good….. I am not a fan of Fox products, they are the best racing suspension you can buy but are you racing? To me, being able to adjust every thing on a shock gives me more ways to screw up how my bike rides.
I used to race some Enduro in sport class. Never too seriously. I haven’t done any racing for a few years. I know what you mean. I try to get my settings close bouncing around my driveway then change one parameter at a time to find what I like. I’m no expert and I’d be curious to see if my descent times would change if an expert helped me set it. I just know what feels “right” to me after riding for 30yrs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles