Levo Battery to motor power cable pin-outs

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Does anyone have the pinouts for this cable?

my bike wont start up at all unless I make the cranks spin backwards and it fires up ok, just wont turn on with the button.
I called the bike shop I bought it from and they advised me to remove the pedal arm, take off the cover and remove the cable to check it out for damage or water, I have done that and where the cable plugs to the motor there is a 90 degree plug, this is split on the boot and wet inside so I got out the multimeter to check resistance etc and one of the pins doest have any connection to the other end.. but I am not sure if it should so, does anyone know the pinouts please before I tell the bike shop its knackered when I could be wrong about that, TIA.
J.

IMG_1007.JPG

Troutwrestler

Dec 25, 2018
Scotland
I would say that needs replaced. The two larger blades carry the power, the 4 smaller are data. One of the data pins is a 5v carrier to activate the delivery of the main power. Look at the ROPD connector on your charger. Only one of the small pins is present. This is the 5v one. Is that the one that has no connection? I doubt it, as you do get power, but I think that cable is now faulty.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You are not alone !! ..

Internal Power Cable Failure, Levo 2019 - EMTB Forums

There seems to be a fault with some of the cables where they're prone to breaking the seal on the bend (even though it's a formed bend, which exposes it to water ingress) ..

As @Troutwrestler says, that's a standard replacement job.

There was a post somewhere on the pin outs .. can't remember any suitable words though to try and find it in a search ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles