Rideaway

Mar 10, 2021
Nelson
8 months ownership
2 cracks in the carbon frame both around the same place - bottom of seat tube
1 paint flake, exposing the carbon just beneath seat clamp
1 failed bottom bracket angular gearbox
1 failed motor

I noticed very little rear triangle stiffness, there was alot of side to side flex on all three frames. Mates when riding behind me would notice the rear end swinging.

This always caused the fixings to work loose.

The carbon surrounding the bushing on the rear triangle arm worn away due to this, the carbon frame arm had to be replaced and the bushings that fit into it.

7A89CD62-A9CE-47CA-91BA-449C7E7A92FA.jpeg

Last edited:

Rideaway

Mar 10, 2021
Nelson
I also had to replace the drive pack latch which is made up of metal pins housed in plastic fittings which broke out of the plastic holes.

The drive pack always cut out on rocky descents, this was very annoying. To fix this i had to insert spacers between the drive pack latch and the frame. This did sort it, but occasionally the power still cut out on really rocky terrain. If i increased the number of spacers the latch would become too tight and risk snapping and the batt and drive pack would get stuck in the frame.

on the second frame this never happened,
it seems to me that each frame had different size spaces between the latch and the frame and the drive pack. Why would the frames be different.

Last edited:

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
yeah I've heard them called "snappierre" quite a lot to be honest. Know someone who had 3 replacement frames in a year, and then gave up and got a specialized.

Rideaway

Mar 10, 2021
Nelson
The fazua evation is not good enough for harsh mtb, this is mainly designed to be used for road bikes. The second replacement motor i got was reconditioned and had done around 800km before it packed in.

Last edited:

Worthy

Aug 25, 2020
Caerphilly
Shame the bikes look great on paper, the paint does flake on carbon on a lot of bikes but been as lapeirre crack and snap it’s not nice to see.

Rideaway

Mar 10, 2021
Nelson
Shame the bikes look great on paper, the paint does flake on carbon on a lot of bikes but been as lapeirre crack and snap it’s not nice to see.
Yeah it looks amazing, its a great idea - light weight low power etc, it also has top kit on it
Even a carbon dropper, but the poor build quality lets it down. The rear triangle is a joke the back wheel flaps side to side like a Flag. No stiffness and flimsy fixings that work loose on every ride.

Last edited:

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Yeah it looks amazing, its a great idea light weight and has top kit on it but the quality lets it down,
The rear triangle is a joke the wheel flaps like a flag.
“You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in glitter” comes to mind. ??.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
There are some interesting videos on YouTube by Pinkbike about the bike industry/Taiwan with particular reference to “catalogue frames “ and quality control.

Worth a watch. All of a sudden Euro 12k for a custom hand made Nicolai looks good value.

Rideaway

Mar 10, 2021
Nelson
“You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in glitter” comes to mind. ??.
Exactly. I also noticed that the Fazua motor was very quiet to begin with, but later started making a annoying whining noise.

crap and mud would get stuck in the removable drive pack and batt. small stones would collect under the bottom bracket bash guard cover. To clean them out i would have to loosen the entire bottom bracket. Why didnt they just fix the bash guard separately so it could be replaced if damaged and easily maintained.

Last edited:

Pine Sport

Apr 28, 2020
Surrey Hills
I own 3 Lapierre’s, 2 carbon and an alloy Overvolt, never had an issue and have been riding and racing them since 2010.

my Overvolt had switch issues but the third one seems to have done the trick.

Crackenfails (Canondale) Snapierre, just waiting for the motor or battery version for the Levo now!

Lapierre owned by Dutch company Accel who also owns Raleigh and I believe Haibike

Rideaway

Mar 10, 2021
Nelson
I own 3 Lapierre’s, 2 carbon and an alloy Overvolt, never had an issue and have been riding and racing them since 2010.

my Overvolt had switch issues but the third one seems to have done the trick.

Crackenfails (Canondale) Snapierre, just waiting for the motor or battery version for the Levo now!

Lapierre owned by Dutch company Accel who also owns Raleigh and I believe Haibike
[/QUO
Never again for me!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles