Kenevo SL Kenevo SL brake hose - threading

nB2000

Jul 23, 2020
South coast UK
Hi
Thinking of changing the rear brake on the KSL and wondered if anyone had managed it without dropping the motor and battery? Could you perhaps thread the new outer using the old one to pull it through?
I read about connecting the two outers by using a tandem brake inner because that’s long enough to go right through both brake pipes - better than taping or a barb connector which might pull apart.
Obviously this would mean sacrificing the original barbs and olives.
But would the tandem brake inner be thin enough to thread through the brake pipe inners. Obviously I better keep it all clean and it would be best if both brakes are DOT fluid compatible. I guess the same process might work for a rear shift cable outer.
any thoughts please.

MetroNeck

Aug 13, 2020
North Van
No need to remove the motor or battery. The fork for sure, and maybe the lower bolt on the shock (I’ve replaced the brakes on 2 Kenevo SL’s and had to do that on

Annoyingly buried on their site, but this will also help.

nB2000

Jul 23, 2020
South coast UK
Very useful thanks MetroNeck.
I’ll need a few watches to “get” it, definitely helpful. Could you perhaps post a link to that video so I can save it. Thanks.

dixie

Apr 16, 2019
isle of wight
No need to remove the motor or battery. The fork for sure, and maybe the lower bolt on the shock (I’ve replaced the brakes on 2 Kenevo SL’s and had to do that on

Annoyingly buried on their site, but this will also help.

So did you use a hose.to hose connector...as there seems to be.the hole hidden abouve the motor that.looks like ot would be hard to locate if just poking a new hose.in from behind tje motor .? Im about to give this a whirl too...all help is welcome.

dixie

Apr 16, 2019
isle of wight
So did you use a hose.to hose connector...as there seems to be.the hole hidden abouve the motor that.looks like ot would be hard to locate if just poking a new hose.in from behind tje motor .? Im about to give this a whirl too...all help is welcome.
I made a hose 2 hose connector from a thin bolt...cut the head off.n filed both ends to a point...screwed it into both ends and ithe hose flew through like a dream...well chuffed

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles