It's a plot by Fox.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
I've got a Levo SL Comp Carbon. The Fox Performance fork that comes on it is OK. Little harsh and absolutely no small bump compliance. Braking hard into a fast rough turn it will almost vibrate my hands off the bars. So what do you do? UPGRADE! That's what we do right. Brand new Factory 36 is the answer. After some fiddling I got it dialed. Holy crap this thing is butta! Lovin' life.

Lovin' life until,... I never noticed how bad the rear shock was before. A new fork brings out the short coming of the stock rear shock. We all know the answer to this problem don't we. Now don't get me wrong, the stock suspension is decent. It's just not the KIND.

It's a plot by Fox to empty your wallet.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
And when you've got the suspension dialed in, you will find out how underpowered the SL is, and you want a real motor :)
Or ride with your current Levo SL and your fitness will increase. Then you can buy a normal mtb and enjoy both.
Or be lazy and ride an electric moped 😂

Sorry, I have to because there are different people and usage needs.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Or ride with your current Levo SL and your fitness will increase. Then you can buy a normal mtb and enjoy both.
Or be lazy and ride an electric moped 😂

Sorry, I have to because there are different people and usage needs.
Or like me, 70 years old with 2 heart conditions 💕. My days of normal bikes are over. He'll I'm lucky to out here. When I get lazy it will be a 1951 Harley Davidson panhead!✌

20210623_165348.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Or like me, 70 years old with 2 heart conditions 💕. My days of normal bikes are over. He'll I'm lucky to out here. When I get lazy it will be a 1951 Harley Davidson panhead!✌

View attachment 76219
Good man ..keep it up ..!
I'm six years younger than you but similarly have two heart conditions ..which are asymptomatic at the moment ( one of which has only come to light in the last few months ) ..
Loads of different tests..but I just can't take things too seriously ..
If I do happen to croak ..I hope its on top of the bike ..or if I'm lucky the missus !😂

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Good man ..keep it up ..!
I'm six years younger than you but similarly have two heart conditions ..which are asymptomatic at the moment ( one of which has only come to light in the last few months ) ..
Loads of different tests..but I just can't take things too seriously ..
If I do happen to croak ..I hope its on top of the bike ..or if I'm lucky the missus !😂
Right back at u brother. We gotta take it one day at a time.🤟 I've got to agree, croak on the bike. Right after a smokin' hot downhill run. You do it perfect not one mistake. Jump off the bike, do a shot (Jameson Black Barrel). Then hit the dirt while the Rolling Stones play Little Red Rooster in the background. "Bury me here mates!". I don't think my wife would appreciate me dying on top of her. Better she's on top 😉✌ Good on ya!

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
My 2018 commencal meta power may be heavy but they spected it super good with a a super deluxe coil etc. When I look at what's beimg offered by other brands in the way of.suspension and wheels I don't get it, especially specialized. Half the components beg for upgrade.

Plus I probably would never ever ever ever buy an e bike without a coil in the rear. Why would anyone tolerate 7k and up for a stiff easily outgunned suspension. And I haven't even gotten to wheels....the basic metal rovals they fit on their bikes would work fine on a Walmart bike.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
And when you've got the suspension dialed in, you will find out how underpowered the SL is, and you want a real motor :)
I put a real motor on on a bike and it wasn't 500watts😆. It was 16000w. Your idea of 'should have bought a real motor' is just so naive.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I've got a Levo SL Comp Carbon. The Fox Performance fork that comes on it is OK. Little harsh and absolutely no small bump compliance. Braking hard into a fast rough turn it will almost vibrate my hands off the bars. So what do you do? UPGRADE! That's what we do right. Brand new Factory 36 is the answer. After some fiddling I got it dialed. Holy crap this thing is butta! Lovin' life.

Lovin' life until,... I never noticed how bad the rear shock was before. A new fork brings out the short coming of the stock rear shock. We all know the answer to this problem don't we. Now don't get me wrong, the stock suspension is decent. It's just not the KIND.

It's a plot by Fox to empty your wallet.
The fox 34 performance was lacking finesse on my SL for sure. I swapped mine out for a Rockshox Lyrik ultimate, it's absolutely brilliant. I highly recommend. It will only add about 100+ grams to the bike.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Still, worse ways to go than suddenly grabbing a handful of rear brake in a death grip, initiating a skid into oblivion.

You could end you time by having a massive stroke mid w**k. Not the way anyone wants to be found :LOL:
Thankfully with a much younger missus and a still active sex life ..I rarely have time to perform a hand jobbie myself 😉

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
I must be one of the lucky ones my suspension on my Levo SL is better than any bike I've owned and I am perfectly happy with it ;)
Mine too! I'm a mechanic and a former racer. All I ever rode were hardtails or 100mm of suspension. Harshness and suffering all in the name of CLIMBING. So when I got my Levo I was like in suspension heaven.😇 I couldn't believe how plush it was.

Most of my riding buddies are ex racers also. Of course that love of competition never really goes away. Speeds get pushed and so does suspension. Coming into fast rough turns my hands would almost vibrate off the bars. After much fiddling 🎻 with the fork I switched it out. Awesome! It is now butta!

One problem with a new plush fork? It brings out all the short comings of your not so plush rear. Now all the rest of you guys keep the comments about my "not so plush rear" to yourselves.🙃 Also where you ride is a factor. Most of our trails are fast singletrack. Not much in the way of jumps. If I were riding rougher trails with more air time it might be different.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles