Ebike rage...it's a thing...

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
So riding a local red route mtb course I caught up with a guy on a normal bike, as always I wait till they acknowledge me and let me by. This didn't happen for near on a mile even though he kept looking. I eventually shouted morning mind if I pass, I got a no and some swearing and a bit about hills and cheating, assuming he as joking I asked again and got sworn at. Hmmmm, I knew there was a fast descent coming up with some nice berms so I commented no worries you show me how it's done on the downhill. Off we went and he wasn't that quick so I made a space into the last berm and went up the inside, damn it was like I was racing again, there was no way I was gonna pass him on a hill and give him the pleasure of assuming it was the ebike that was better than him :)

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Good on you dude
Some people ffs ..there’s no need to be rude especially when you asked him politely
At least you kicked his ass on the last berm bet his face was a picture ??

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I've had this happen at Cannock, he wouldn't let me pass on a climb. I just stayed behind him, when we got to the top he tried to lose me on the down hill, but couldn't. Some people are just arse holes........most are fine.
Can't understand the haters
BUY AN E-BIKE

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Some people just take it far too serious. I had the same happen on my normal bike to be fair all the time. I rarely ask to pass someone though, just hang back. It's a funny thing trail etiquette.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles