ICR Headsets for the SZZS-specific CEF50 build

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Midwest is too humid for me, that's why I go to Montana in the summer. The lake effect snow in Michigan would do me in.
@temon10
I took a chance a few years ago on "Superteam" rims. Candy does business on eBay under the name princessbike123.
This will be my fourth set. I am very happy. The rims are finished very well, then true up very good and are very durable. Not quite as light as some carbon rims but I rode one pair with a completely flat rear tire for miles on rocky single track in Arizona and there was not a scratch on the rims. They come in a variety of widths but be aware that the default are 28 hole rims on the eBay auction so you MUST leave her a note that you want 32 hole rims or whatever you want. She puts a very conservative delivery time but mine have always arrived in about 22 days.
s-l1600.jpg

I built these wheels for my Rise using princess rims:

Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
It appears now that Linda has confirmed that the headset they will be using is a GINEYEA T17-1 with ZS56/28/6 top and ZS66/40 bottom. I hope so because ACRO makes a headset for ICR:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I noticed once again that Wiggle/Chainreaction has the ZS66 lower that should be right for the CEF50. It has a lock for the steering which I was ignoring before but it says it is to limit the rotation of the steering in case of a crash so you don't rip your cables out twisting them around the steerer tube. Sounds plausible.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Just make sure it includes discs big enough for this huge headset. Or have your local bike shop do it for you.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Also the nukeproof headset I posted above is a solution for the CEF50 not for the ICE930. You need to ask Jim what the SHIS designator is for the LCE930 headset. It has a straight headtube not tapered.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Also the nukeproof headset I posted above is a solution for the CEF50 not for the ICE930. You need to ask Jim what the SHIS designator is for the LCE930 headset. It has a straight headtube not tapered.
Right! I think I’ll try the one provided by LC, if it seems bad, I’ll go for an aftermarket

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Right! I think I’ll try the one provided by LC, if it seems bad, I’ll go for an aftermarket

Remember to have an extra olive and leaving the brake line a tad longer since you’ll have to cut it when changing the headset.

As an engineer the ICR is the most nonsense thing i’ve seen in a while.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Remember to have an extra olive and leaving the brake line a tad longer since you’ll have to cut it when changing the headset.

As an engineer the ICR is the most nonsense thing i’ve seen in a while.
Yeah… that’s a good point !

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
I noticed once again that Wiggle/Chainreaction has the ZS66 lower that should be right for the CEF50. It has a lock for the steering which I was ignoring before but it says it is to limit the rotation of the steering in case of a crash so you don't rip your cables out twisting them around the steerer tube. Sounds plausible.
Idk, I'd rather yank the cables honestly.. the force / leverage might instead crack the frame / bar or possibly you.

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Hey guys, do we only need to replace the top part of the headset since its not well sealed?
indeed. Although the lower bearing might not be good quality, if you need to change it it's fairly easy and no need to do anything apart from taking out the fork.

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
indeed. Although the lower bearing might not be good quality, if you need to change it it's fairly easy and no need to do anything apart from taking out the fork.
Great, I will be getting the nukeproof headset posted by mike and letting you guys know how it goes!

I finally have my complete build and coming up on a long weekend to hopefully get it done.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Great, I will be getting the nukeproof headset posted by mike and letting you guys know how it goes!

I finally have my complete build and coming up on a long weekend to hopefully get it done.
Just a reminder that the above comments are about the CEF50 not the Lightcarbon LCE930...

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Idk, I'd rather yank the cables honestly.. the force / leverage might instead crack the frame / bar or possibly you.
The stop is a clamp on the steer. I think it would just give and slip in your scenario.
I think it makes sense to protect the cables.

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA

Possibly another option.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France

Possibly another option.
I love the design! Not sure it’s compatible with the lce930 tho. And I bought a stem and handlebar combo, too bad

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles