How many Aussies are there on the forum?

Where you from?

• Total voters

Dazza

Aug 12, 2019
Melbourne Australia
this is a great option if l don't like the Kenovo and details would be great fork / shock sizes ...did they do you a good deal on the upgrades . Would love to stay with Sram and DSD's service out of Melbourne....wow that's a hot set of upgrades more details please ....it is awesome.
Hi
I put a 160mm lyrik ultimate and a super deluxe ultimate coil on the back 210x55mm gave about an extra 8mm of travel in the rear .with a 600 spring my weight is 84kg with out riding gear. I have fox 36 coil forks 160mm dhx2 coil shock on my stumpjumper but the levo feels better
The guys at bike now are good ask for Doug or Sacha they looked after me
Let me know how ya go

Dazza

Aug 12, 2019
Melbourne Australia
I broke my derailleur there too, must be the air. Mine just randomly broke while coasting up a hill.
You gotta do You Yangs man, it’s a great place. Especially on an ebike!
I may need to organise a group E-ride by the looks of things.
E bike ride sounds good pic a Sunday i be in ?

Reactions: CjP

JCB

Oct 7, 2019
Burnie, Tasmania
I just bought my 1st ebike, a 2020 Commencal Meta Power 29 and I went on my 1st ride 2 weeks ago at Silvan in the Dandenong...perfect territory for ebike there.

On my 2nd ride, I rode from Bayswater and got carried away, went too far around Silvan and run out with 10k to go home...I hated ebike that day :p

So now, I am trying to learn about range, and I am a little anxious about big ride.
It is a 500Wh Shimano, can't wait for a 700Wh battery to be released...

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hahah yeah that’s a horrible place to run out of battery. Great place with one though.
You should get around 50km on eco with that motor/battery. Have you done Harcourt yet?

JCB

Oct 7, 2019
Burnie, Tasmania
Hahah yeah that’s a horrible place to run out of battery. Great place with one though.
You should get around 50km on eco with that motor/battery. Have you done Harcourt yet?

With the ebike, I have only done Lysterfield & Silvan.
Silvan has a lot to offer for ebike and being from Bayswater, I can ride straight there but need to manage my battery.

Other places to do with the ebike over the summer:
1. Red hill
2. You Yangs
3. Buxton & Narbethong DH
4. Harcourt
5. Buller
6. Bright
I have done all those places with my normal mtb except for Harcourt.
Keen to try them on my emtb, more runs, more speed, more fun...

Any other places ?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I’ve done all those places on an ebike and love them all!
Add to that
Plenty gorge
Falls creek
Mt beauty
Lake Mountain
Mt Taylor

Everything’s amped up on an ebike!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You should get around 50km on eco with that motor/battery.

I'm going to be the distance anomaly guy again ... :) With the E8000/500wh, DHRII/DHF, riding hard (going for e-bike KOM's because I was sad and lonely) I'd normally average 50k if I just left it in Trail for the whole ride.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I'm going to be the distance anomaly guy again ... :) With the E8000/500wh, DHRII/DHF, riding hard (going for e-bike KOM's because I was sad and lonely) I'd normally average 50k if I just left it in Trail for the whole ride.
That’s on a hard tail though. Here in Australia we ride proper bikes with battery sucking suspension.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hahaha, it’s bound to happen when there’s a bunch of males in one place but people need to chill out more.
Life’s to short to take things seriously!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
He’s still got concussion from his multiple falls the other day.
I think he was thinking of someone else..

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
With the ebike, I have only done Lysterfield & Silvan.
Silvan has a lot to offer for ebike and being from Bayswater, I can ride straight there but need to manage my battery.

Other places to do with the ebike over the summer:
1. Red hill
2. You Yangs
3. Buxton & Narbethong DH
4. Harcourt
5. Buller
6. Bright
I have done all those places with my normal mtb except for Harcourt.
Keen to try them on my emtb, more runs, more speed, more fun...

Any other places ?

start thinking big - adding rides away from the usual trails.

you can start with trailforks , but don't be afraid to grab copies of the rooftops maps and tackle some single line motorbike tracks.

As an example, head down this part Gippsland, zip around blores hill but then nip up to the nth, start with pete + Pauls tracks but if you are up to the challenge try the rest of that network ( loose steep rocky country) - be cautious not to go down anything you aren't confident carrying the bike back up because some of the motorbike tracks were put in by , er, enthusiastic riders. Oh, and try not to fall down any cliffs.

Mt Taylor the next morning ( don't just ride up the access riad - try the uphill x country )

then recharge the battery and hit. colqhourn ( you'll need a full battery because lollipop desrves multiple runs) .

heading home, consider doing the single line along the cowar to bruntons bridge rd - it's a whooped out slippery motorbike track but a great workout on the emtb. That area gas an extensive network if single line motorbike tracks - rooftops shows some of them.

fun? Keep going - tathra?

Reactions: CjP

JCB

Oct 7, 2019
Burnie, Tasmania
Thanks for the suggestion, I have been thinking about dirtbike singletracks that I used to ride in Kinglake & Toolangi also, I will give them a go.

JCB

Oct 7, 2019
Burnie, Tasmania
Derby is ideal for ebike. No so much Maydena, did like not that park, very steep gravity trails and you have to take a shuttle.
Between Derby, Blue Tier and St Helen, plenty to ride on the ebike

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Derby is ideal for ebike. No so much Maydena, did like not that park, very steep gravity trails and you have to take a shuttle.
Between Derby, Blue Tier and St Helen, plenty to ride on the ebike
Are they flowy steep trails?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles