How many Aussies are there on the forum?

Where you from?

• Total voters

DanE

Jun 13, 2019
Sydney Australia
Surprisingly few votes from Sydney so far.

I'll put in another vote for Sydney. I live on the southern edge of Sydney and mostly ride in the Royal National Park around the Loftus, Heathcote and Helensburgh trails.
I did a few days at Thredbo MTB park last summer and thoroughly recommend it to anyone who lives on the east coast. The Thredbo Valley Track is one of the best tracks for an EMTB I have ever been on, just sensational.

Gigs

May 24, 2019
Australia
Tasmania :alien:, just sold my Levo and have a new 2019 Rocky Mountain C70. Who's coming to play with me in Derby for the new Blue Tier to St Helens epic ride opening n November? 45km and 1500m climbing?

Reactions: CjP

Dazza

Aug 12, 2019
Melbourne Australia
Hello guys
Anyone know of a emtb club or group in Melbourne and if I am flying to Tassie can I get a specialized battery to higher
Pick up my 2020 levo this week keen to meet/ride with some Emtb in Melbourne

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I cant tell you how good Derby is. You need to ride it to understand. Perfect eMTB territory.

Oh don’t worry, my mates have been and they’ve filled me in. Am definitely coming this year or early next.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hello guys
Anyone know of a emtb club or group in Melbourne and if I am flying to Tassie can I get a specialized battery to higher
Pick up my 2020 levo this week keen to meet/ride with some Emtb in Melbourne
There’s no ebike groups that I know of, theres Melbourne mountain biking and cvor on meetup website that has heaps of ride days. Mostly analogues, but a few random ebikers. You can create an ebike group though.
I’m always riding with my brother, out pace is a little hot and we do like the more extreme side but happy for you to tag along.

Dazza

Aug 12, 2019
Melbourne Australia
There’s no ebike groups that I know of, theres Melbourne mountain biking and cvor on meetup website that has heaps of ride days. Mostly analogues, but a few random ebikers. You can create an ebike group though.
I’m always riding with my brother, out pace is a little hot and we do like the more extreme side but happy for you to tag along.

Sweet where do you ride ?
I normally ride you yangs and hardcout well anywhere

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yeah, frequent Youies, Lysterfield, Harcourt, Redhill, Buxton, Silvan. I’ve been scouting out other places but they’re mostly small.
Trying to find stuff that’s not on Trailforks. This town is just too big to not be flooded with tracks in every direction!

First ebike?

Last edited:

Dazza

Aug 12, 2019
Melbourne Australia
Yeah, frequent Youies, Lysterfield, Harcourt, Redhill, Buxton, Silvan. I’ve been scouting out other places but they’re mostly small.
Trying to find stuff that’s not on Trailforks. This town is just too big to not be flooded with tracks in every direction!

First ebike?
Yep the first one hopefully pick it up Friday night what e bike do you ride ?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yep the first one hopefully pick it up Friday night what e bike do you ride ?
Oh nice! What did you get?
I ride this bad girl!

E7210853-DE10-436E-9B5A-4E4EEF75C4F7.jpeg

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Speaking of the paint on the 900E, how are you getting along for stone chips? I've got some beauties, I'm figuring it must be 2 pack paint as I think I've read somewhere that it chips very easily.
Have ordered some RHINO HIDE clear adhesive film, was going to get one of those fancy laser cut kits from the UK but they didn't do one in XL frame.
They did say they would give me a large at a 10% discount but at about $140 delivered, the Rhino stuff at $13 delivered, seemed like a worth while exercise. Will let you know how I get on.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Speaking of the paint on the 900E, how are you getting along for stone chips? I've got some beauties, I'm figuring it must be 2 pack paint as I think I've read somewhere that it chips very easily.
Have ordered some RHINO HIDE clear adhesive film, was going to get one of those fancy laser cut kits from the UK but they didn't do one in XL frame.
They did say they would give me a large at a 10% discount but at about $140 delivered, the Rhino stuff at $13 delivered, seemed like a worth while exercise. Will let you know how I get on.

I use this stuff, which is brilliant:

Transparent / Clear Anti Chip Tape - 48mm x 5M

I've still got a few chips down around the chainstays though. Because mine is black I just use an epoxy black touch up paint which hides them very well. The paint is quite thick so I just apply a few coats to build it up.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Take your bike to a $2 shop and match it up with their nail polish selection - awesome colour ranges.
I use this stuff, which is brilliant:

Transparent / Clear Anti Chip Tape - 48mm x 5M

I've still got a few chips down around the chainstays though. Because mine is black I just use an epoxy black touch up paint which hides them very well. The paint is quite thick so I just apply a few coats to build it up.

Liking both these ideas, will have a go with the clear contact as just had an email telling me to pick it up from the post office. Will get some nail polish first and do a touch up, then try the contact. If it's too hard to apply/cut out will definitely get some of the tape you've mentioned Horspwr.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Very nice mate. That’s a great combo! Should be a weapon on the trails.
When you taking it out?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
0h sweet, how good is the Kenevo!
Youies is one of my favourites. Perfect for ebikes!

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
This is my new levo she is Awesome
this is a great option if l don't like the Kenovo and details would be great fork / shock sizes ...did they do you a good deal on the upgrades . Would love to stay with Sram and DSD's service out of Melbourne....wow that's a hot set of upgrades more details please ....it is awesome.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles