STUnlocker Android App for Shimano motors is available

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Yup. Lately, a lot of BT issues are popping up on a bunch of apps, related to mobile OS upgrades and some of the BT vulnerabilities that have been exposed recently. Shimano's app doesn't work, for example, on iOS 13.

True... good to see that they (Shimano) have officially acknowledged the iOS13 issue and have stated that they are working on a fix.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
many thanks Vadll, one question: I have the "old" version, for future updates, how can I do?
If you want new versions - only one way is to pay $1.5 for the new App. Many "thanks" to Shimano lawyers and Google (they are do not allow to restore blocked App)
Premium license will work with the new App anyway

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
Guys, it’s all in the manual. It’s very easy and the license is very good value for money imo

It does seem good value but always good to get word of mouth reviews.

Its not the money but whether I need the extra limit, plus I've only just loaded the latest update so I'd need to sort that. Bike is well out of warranty but I do ride on the road between trails so there's the whole illegal ebike issue to consider( not making any judgements here)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
It does seem good value but always good to get word of mouth reviews.

Its not the money but whether I need the extra limit, plus I've only just loaded the latest update so I'd need to sort that. Bike is well out of warranty but I do ride on the road between trails so there's the whole illegal ebike issue to consider( not making any judgements here)

There’s a few threads on here that discuss Steps Unlocker in more detail that might help. Warning: they’re quite lengthy!

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Lol, me too ?. The app is good thanks, surprising how much difference even small adjustments make. You can instantly feel the effect when you change a setting, though the effect on efficiency/distance will take longer to work out.

Be aware that with the current "TRAIL" mode, it's dynamic... efficiency/range in TRAIL mode will always be different because it doesn't stay at a set value; only ECO and BOOST stay at preset values.

We're cool, just brightening up the Monday lol :D

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Thinking of getting the license but the other day messing around with the app I changed the chain ring size from 34t to 32t and the bike kept throwing an error e010. Wouldn't let me do anything, only way to fix was to change the chain ring back to 34t, then the problem was resolved.

Anyone had anything similar. Don't want to blow $30 euro for the bike to chuck a tantrum.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles