STUnlocker iOS App for Shimano motors is available

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Thanks, & to Fivetones, but there are no updates available, I can't even see the original app when I look at my list of apps in settings?

Cheers.

Edit to say I have the developer app not the first version available from Apple.
Cheers.

What happens if you search for STEPS Unlocker in the App Store? Does it show up?

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Yes, it say I can buy it for 99p (which I'm obviously not worried about) but it doesn't show any updates.

Cheers.

Seems like the dev app isn't attached to the official version uploaded to the App Store then. At this point you should probably message vadii direct to figure out the licensing situation

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Seems like the dev app isn't attached to the official version uploaded to the App Store then. At this point you should probably message vadii direct to figure out the licensing situation
Thanks, I feel a little scared at the prospect :ROFLMAO:

Edit, I think I'll wait & see if I get a reply on here, I don't want to bother him unless I need to (y)

Last edited:

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
1.4.8 version was uploaded. Now with "Gear settings"

Hi mate, does changing the front chain wheel size in the app change/affect anything in the software and how the bike operates?

I haven't updated your app yet to reset my chainring size for the 36T front chain ring I fitted yesterday and it could be just me but the bike seems to launch more aggressively than it did with the 34T chainring.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Latest Instruction manual (v1.5.x) attached; note that the manual has been combined to cover iOS/iPadOS and Android versions of the app. If anyone sees a typo, let me know

EDIT: manual can be downloaded from https://www.stunlocker.com

Last edited:

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New version is available at AppStore now. It was renamed to "STUNLOCKER" instead of "Steps Unlocker"

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Did they just get upset that you used "Steps" in the name or are you going to have a continuing battle with them?
Yes. They are (US lawyers) f@cking crazy animals. They said I can't use Steps (yes, steps) or Shimano anywhere, even in the manual. I can't say Shimano word without their permission :)
They are even want to take off my email address at gmail.com :ROFLMAO:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Did they just get upset that you used "Steps" in the name or are you going to have a continuing battle with them?

Mine's working great.

I heard it was actually Stannah Stairlifts that raised the complaints, not Shimano. They were concerned the software enabled people to take the speed limiter of the stairlifts - apparently most of their customers also ride emtbs, which is where the confusion came in :)

@vadII - Two serious questions for the android one and the iOS one.

1: for existing clients. They won't now receive updates. They'll have to install the new version ??

2: for existing clients who have the upgraded version with a licence. If they need to install the new one, do they need to e-mail you for a new code, or if they find their original licence e-mail and click on the link again once they've installed the new version, will this work ?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I heard it was actually Stannah Stairlifts that raised the complaints, not Shimano.
At this moment all demands was from Shimano lawyers.

Zimmerframe said:
1: for existing clients. They won't now receive updates. They'll have to install the new version ??
For Android, yes. But Google still not approve the new App (5 days have passed)

Zimmerframe said:
2: for existing clients who have the upgraded version with a licence. If they need to install the new one, do they need to e-mail you for a new code, or if they find their original licence e-mail and click on the link again once they've installed the new version, will this work ?
Old license will work

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I heard it was actually Stannah Stairlifts that raised the complaints, not Shimano. They were concerned the software enabled people to take the speed limiter of the stairlifts - apparently most of their customers also ride emtbs, which is where the confusion came in :)

Considering the vadll already said it was Shimano Inc...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Considering the vadll already said it was Shimano Inc...

You should know by now ... I was being stupid .. Stannah stairlifts make obscenely slow little chairs which run up the side of domestic stairs ... hence steps .. the average e-biker age has been shown to be over 97 .. therefore the link to e-bikers and stannah stairlift users ..

OK ... so sometimes it's just not funny !!! :)

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Yes. They are (US lawyers) f@cking crazy animals. They said I can't use Steps (yes, steps) or Shimano anywhere, even in the manual. I can't say Shimano word without their permission :)
They are even want to take off my email address at gmail.com :ROFLMAO:

As far as I'm concerned you're providing an app that adds functionality and customisation to a device that should already be provided by Shimano themselves, well done!

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
You should know by now ... I was being stupid .. Stannah stairlifts make obscenely slow little chairs which run up the side of domestic stairs ... hence steps .. the average e-biker age has been shown to be over 97 .. therefore the link to e-bikers and stannah stairlift users ..

OK ... so sometimes it's just not funny !!! :)

Shit...really, far out there must be some old kents out there on ebikes!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles