How do you transport your Levo on Thule bike rack?

Kirlik_68

Dec 4, 2022
R
Hello ! I bought Thule Easyfold. I was happy until i tried to install my Turbo Levo 2022 on this bike rack... It is almost impossible. How you do it ?

I googled, then watched youtube videos and i put my Levo on the second place for second bike in Thule Easyfold6 but i cant fix my front wheel in straps... so help me please

KqdUtdElMV8.jpg
RucrjGM0GuU.jpg
oDPAcELDCGo.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I'm not familiar with that particular rack ..is it not possible to buy larger straps ?
Should all else fail buy some bungee elastic cord ..I 've used them on my bike rack previously ...

Kirlik_68

Dec 4, 2022
R
I'm not familiar with that particular rack ..is it not possible to buy larger straps ?
Should all else fail buy some bungee elastic cord ..I 've used them on my bike rack previously ...
Straps are not the only problem. I dont know how to clamp frame into rack properly

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
I had a very similar issue with a bmw rack and ended up moving the straps further out on the platforms. I had to drill new holes for the bolts so if you aren't comfortable making modifications then longer straps will be needed. With the Alu frame, I would think that you could crank down the clamp plenty tight to keep the bike in place. I would just make sure to center the frame in the widest part of the clamp while tightening.

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Not sure this shall help - I use thule Velo compact 3 bike carrier (also have 4th bike adapter)

I refer to A frame as the rear most upright where the clamp arms fit, I have these wrapped in tubing foam, both sides
I place my bike in the inner tray, rotate the cranks to level with the non drive side toward the front wheel
i locate the crank arm to the outside of the A frame and rest the bike on the A frame
using the smallest clamp arm, I place furthest left and clamp the Frame above the shock as fitted in picture above, then screw up loosely.
This Allows bike security
Note : On the velo compact the lower trays slide outwards as do the lights
I then locate wheel buckles and get 4/5 ratchet pulls
once secured, I check and tighten the clamp arms and lock
I often fit a securing elastic lashing belt tethered from the A frame and wrapped around bikes

If my son is coming, I place his bike ( Full suss non ebike) on the outermost tray, leaving thee middle tray empty.
If we take a friend, I use the fourth bike adaptor
Always only carrying 1 Ebike and either 1 or 2 non e-bikes

Sadly no pictures, though if I remember I shall take at the weekend

Polo1602

Jan 19, 2023
Cologne

BikeBert

Dec 10, 2022
Croatia
I have an older version of Thule EasyFold XT 2 with long straps and sadly it fits only one Levo ebike.
Perfect when I want to go biking alone.

2022-08-10-19-26-13-654.jpg

2023-02-19-13-50-13-750.jpg

However, if I need to take two Levo ebikes, I use another bike rack: Inter Pack Spider 2E.

2023-03-01-21-58-02-059.jpg

2023-03-01-21-59-03-331.jpg

Here's the comparison of those two bike racks:

2023-03-01-22-14-11-527.jpg

Last edited:

Kirlik_68

Dec 4, 2022
R
I have an older version of Thule EasyFold XT 2 with long straps and sadly it fits only one Levo ebike.

However, if I need to take two Levo ebikes, I use another bike rack: Inter Pack Spider 2E.

Big thanks for reply! Is it possible to transport 2 bikes on Thule Easyfold?

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany

2023-02-19-13-50-13-750.jpg

2023-03-01-21-58-02-059.jpg

2023-03-01-21-59-03-331.jpg

2023-03-01-22-14-11-527.jpg
Can the Levo fit your Jimny without taking any wheels off?

BikeBert

Dec 10, 2022
Croatia
Big thanks for reply! Is it possible to transport 2 bikes on Thule Easyfold?
Due to specific frame shape and tube diameter in Levo there is no way I can fit two of them on this rack.
However, I can take 2 analog bikes on Thule EasyFold with no problem.

Rear-view-001.jpg

Can the Levo fit your Jimny without taking any wheels off?
I don't think Levo can fit in Jimny's trunk even with two wheels off :)
It's really small car with even smaller trunk.

veryoldfart

Oct 1, 2020
Suffolk
we use a Thule XT rack to carry two Spesh Carbon Levos.

Thule make a specific adjustable bar designed to be fitted between seatpost and headtube, to avoid clamping around carbon frames. Costs abt £25 on Amazon. Then also fit 2 pairs of thule long straps and everything is easy peasy - plus no risk of damage to carbon frames

voila

donald.o

Dec 29, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Hello ! I bought Thule Easyfold. I was happy until i tried to install my Turbo Levo 2022 on this bike rack... It is almost impossible. How you do it ?

I googled, then watched youtube videos and i put my Levo on the second place for second bike in Thule Easyfold6 but i cant fix my front wheel in straps... so help me please

View attachment 108112 View attachment 108113 View attachment 108114
Hi, I transport two Levos and a road bike on this rack (version for three bikes). I take batteries out to save weight. You need to fiddle s bit with three arms, but it’s doable without problems - and without rubbing on the frames. To fit tires, just deflate them a bit. Then I turn Levos one to left other to right - my XL is a bit longer so I adjust everything and then finally fasten all straps and arms.

43002609-96B8-48AA-A1D9-EC683C7CEB8E.jpeg

Clarke

Oct 26, 2023
Bedfordshire
we use a Thule XT rack to carry two Spesh Carbon Levos.

Thule make a specific adjustable bar designed to be fitted between seatpost and headtube, to avoid clamping around carbon frames. Costs abt £25 on Amazon. Then also fit 2 pairs of thule long straps and everything is easy peasy - plus no risk of damage to carbon frames

voila
Hi @veryoldfart would you mind sharing a picture of the adjustable bar, or a like to it? Many thanks.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany

View attachment 108112 View attachment 108113 View attachment 108114
Hello & welcome,
I can‘t believe it and first thought the bike is to large for the rack. I changed to a new rack since the old one was not wide enough to safely hold the new 29er eMTB - for those there are not to many tow ball ike racks that are wide enough.

Having checked specs/dimensions of your rack on Thule website and finding your bike dimensions on Species website there should be no problem to fix it on the rack. 🤔
Not seeing the second tyre in your pictures I could imagine it is to close to the center of the rack what would not allow to correctly strap the second tyre as being pushed to far out of rack center. Hmmmmmm…….

BTW, the Thule Epos is expensive but the frame clamp/strap system is sweet.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
PS:
Regarding clamps some people replace the Thule ones by Ateras strap holders of the Strada:

IMG_3113.png

IMG_3112.jpeg

IMG_3111.jpeg

Last edited:

Clarke

Oct 26, 2023
Bedfordshire
Looking forward to hear from this, I also have easyfold. Great rack, but only annoying thing about it are the clamps.
I tried to save some money by ordering with one of the “Used - Like New” options in Amazon for half the price but this monstrosity turned up 😂

IMG_8440.jpeg

I’ve sent this back and ordered it again at full price. If I don’t report back by the end of the week message me here again and it’ll send me a notification 👍

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
We have to transport 2 Levo’s on our easyfold xt and found these Fiamma bike holders to do the job, they are not lockable but we put separate locks on anyway.

IMG_0789.jpeg IMG_0791.jpeg IMG_0792.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles