Hi guys, Speedbox 3.0 problems????? Do you have any issues with your device?

boggles

Dec 14, 2020
Scotland
Ok, I have a Cube acid one 500. Had it for a few weeks. and found it a bit of a slouch when hitting that 15.5MPH barrier. So i ordered a speedbox 3.0. I only switch it on when I'm in a place where there is very little or no danger. Just in case you think Im one of those lunatics who rides in parks and side-walks at 20MPH +. I don't approve of that kind of behaviour its just really selfish, obnoxious, dangerous and damn right stupid. So anyways what happens is after a hard climb riding at about 18-19MPH on a high assist level after about 10 minutes I get a loss of power and then the purion display starts displaying random stuff flashing different speeds and the battery icon also flashes(with no bars in it) then it cuts out. Then I have to wait at least 10 minutes before I can switch the e-bike back on again. Has anyone had a similar issue when installing a speedbox? or any other kind of de restricting device?

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I run the speedbox 2.0 on my gen 2. Only had once an issue where I had no pedal power . Turned the bike on/off a couple of time and the issue was gone. Never happend again and Other then that no problems on 6400 km

boggles

Dec 14, 2020
Scotland
Hi there, Ok so just to confirm, When you ride your bike de restricted, your motor is constantly at work... Yes? Or do you set a top speed? What i find is, before I installed the speedbox, the motor would be driven up to 15.5mph, then it has a chance to "chill out" for a few seconds then it kicks back in again once the speed drops below 15.5mph. So it comes on and off throughout your ride. However, after installing the speedbox the motor is constantly being driven as there is no 15.5mph limit, So when I'm cruising at roughly 22-24MPH for about 15 minutes that's when I get the malfunction. May I ask, Do you ever ride like this, cruise at 22-25MPH with it being in sport mode for more than 15 minutes? I'm starting to think it may be the "Recovery effect".

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
The dealer where I bought my bike installed it. My bike is allmost at 27kg so I really hated the cutoff at 26km/h Wich I hit alot. It's allways turned on by default. I can turn it off by pushing + - + button on my purion ( Wich has the animation of the motor doing a reboot). When it's turned on there is no limit on my motor assistance at least not that I'm aware of. I do often ride at higher speeds 45-50+km/h withouth any problem/error for longer times in e-mtb or turbo mode (when I'm in a rush?). For me it was not about always cruising at 45+km/h, I just liked it whenever I drive in eco/tour that I don't have to drag my heavy bike with me (if that makes sense)

Note: I haven't updated my motor since I got it 2 years ago, as my dealer to me to avoid it

boggles

Dec 14, 2020
Scotland
Well, my EMTB is pretty new, got it back in July. I'm pretty sure it's not got the very latest firmware as that makes the motor pump out 75nm of torque compared to the standard 65nm I'm at atm. Bosch released new firmware for their performance line and performance line cx to go with the latest CX Motor 2020 line-ups which everyone was raving about, It has also been upgraded from 75nm to 85nm. Unfortunately, I purchased my bike online, from a company down south that was really bad at after-sales customer service. Another thing is I can't take it to a bosch dealership as it is not malfunctioning under 15.5 MPH. I'm really stuck, sometimes I feel like throwing it into the river out of frustration,. And most places I have taken the bike to have a disconcerting look on their faces as if to say, you didn't purchase that bike from us, I'm not really going to help you. :mad:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles