HELP!!!!!( wanting-not needing - a new bike)

gibbo66

Sep 1, 2023
Sydney Australia
Introduced myself a week or two ago.I have a well loved 2018 Merida e160 900 with Di2, mulleted, DT Swiss FR1950 wheels and a few other odds and sods. It's got nearly 9000 trouble free kms ( mostly road use- although now almost all off road).
I want a new bike.
I also like nice things.
Should I ride this bike into the ground, or should I get out whilst it's still all working and worth something ( say 2500-3000 AUD)?
I'm looking at a Commencal with EP8- as they're on sale here in Oz. Nothing else ( other than a SAM2) really takes my fancy.
Obviously open to suggestions!

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Had the same Merida but a 2019, loved it but motor bricked itself after 3500km, bought a new motor as out of warranty, and that too played up so sold it...
And bought the Sam2 6.9 and absolutely love it, the difference in the motors is AMAZING. The only down size is it's a couple of kg's heavier, but your only in it for the downhill. :ROFLMAO: Just bite the bullet and do it, you're a long time dead.

gibbo66

Sep 1, 2023
Sydney Australia
My two choices are......
Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Hybrid HPC Actionteam which, through a family connection could get for 7k AUD
OR......

COMMENCAL META POWER SX SHIMANO ESSENTIAL KESWICK GREEN for 8500 AUD​

I prefer a mullet but the Cube ( for what I'd be paying) is great value.
Opinions?
Ta!!!

gibbo66

Sep 1, 2023
Sydney Australia
Well, it was BNBD yesterday- bought a Mondraker Crafty R. Even though I could have had a killer deal on a Cube , I really like a 29" front ( this new bike is a 29er.). Anyhoo , deal done. First ride done. Got up a whole bunch of stuff I couldnt on the Merida e160. I think I prefer the Bosch in Tour+ mode to anything else.It seemed very intuitive. Fox suspension was great ( once rebound lessened) and all I need to do now is ride it! Unfortunately I can't charge it as they forgot the charging cable in the box!
Lucky it's a big battery!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles