Hi everyone, want to introduce my self and need some help.

Swemtb

Sep 12, 2018
Sweden
Hi. My name is Ted and I'm from Sweden,
I just bought a Focus Jam2 pro
And have had it for 2 days now.
Love the bike and everything was great until today when I lett my friend try it and now it makes al kind of strange sounds. And I now wonder if the bike maby can't handel this kind of bicycling?
Pls watch the movies and lett me know what you think.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Funny, I got caught in a huge thunderstorm my last ride, got home, parked bike. Week later went to go ride and same creaking noise! I WD40 all the pivots and seat bolts, also at the crank spindle and now it’s gone. Those stunts won’t hurt your Focus, I’m riding way more abuse than your video. Try that.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Good skills , wont hurt the bike , I expect some parts have just bedded in and need tightening up check tighten :headset and suspension linkages etc . I expect your mate who was riding it so well will be able to show you what t do if your not sure . ?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
As said above check all the linkage bolts are the correct torque as marked on the bolts.
I have had a constant battle with the headset bearing creaking since I got the bike. New grease & tightening normally sorts it out.

Swemtb

Sep 12, 2018
Sweden
Thank you for all the answers.
Have tighten al the linkage bolts today and the right torque was already ok so it didn't help. Going back to the dealer Monday and the will check everything. So hoping for a quiet bike next week.

Swemtb

Sep 12, 2018
Sweden
Good skills , wont hurt the bike , I expect some parts have just bedded in and need tightening up check tighten :headset and suspension linkages etc . I expect your mate who was riding it so well will be able to show you what t do if your not sure . ?
My mate riding the bike in the movie are a famous fmx rider in Sweden but he didn't know shit about fixing my bike ?

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
Sometimes i think modern mountain bikes - including eMTBs - just aren't normal consumer products. They're almost impossible to maintain and solve annoying problems like creaks, rattles and play, unless you're very happy with a set of hex keys and know your grease from anti-seize. Also, you better have paid attention at schools physics class because you'll need to know what a Netwon-meter is...

This is all a bit raw for me... My wife recently bought an ebike which is great, but now I've got an extra bike to problem solve...

Swemtb

Sep 12, 2018
Sweden
Let us know how you make out. Thx.
Absolutely, hopefully tuseday next week i know more.
Maby Focus F.O.L.D. chassis design is more sensitive than other bikes for this kind of bicycling?

OPTIMUM SUSPENSION PERFORMANCE FOR EVERY SITUATION
Our F.O.L.D. chassis is specially designed to meet the very high demands of an E-MTB. So we can guarantee that our E-All-Mountain JAM² is also the perfect combination: F.O.L.D. is extremely sensitive while being progressive enough to prevent a harsh bottom out.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Did you tighten the headset as suggested
Just search adjust mtb headset on you tube it’s very easy when you watch the tutorial
Hard to believe your mate can’t do these basic things

Swemtb

Sep 12, 2018
Sweden
Mine was just dry, but I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. I contacted Focus and they’ll probably send me a generic answer, but I asked them if they’ve had other complaints of this issue.
Yes it's realy hard to hear exactly where the sound is coming from. But in my case it's the whole bike so not so hard ?
Let us know if you get any answer from Focus.

Swemtb

Sep 12, 2018
Sweden
Did you tighten the headset as suggested
Just search adjust mtb headset on you tube it’s very easy when you watch the tutorial
Hard to believe your mate can’t do these basic things
Yes i tighten the headset to but it didn't help. Maby Focus just misst to grease my bike in the factory

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Crazy but that bike is noisier than my 1997 suspension :
p6pb16329924.jpg

Strip it right down - clean. grease and reassemble -that has got to fix it and you will then learn all about your bike in the process - yours will be easy - I cant even get shock mounts for this anymore and have to make my own...

Apr 29, 2019
Boulder
I love my Jam2 but the main pivot creaks like an old rocking chair when it’s tightened to the proper torque.

If I run it slightly loose (for experiment only) it instantly goes away.

It all started after the first ride which was an early season snow storm, and I’m hoping it’s not a mis-aligned rear end.

I haven’t pulled the rear triangle off yet, hopefully after a good cleaning and some light grease it’ll quiet down.

njnjperson

Jul 25, 2020
West Orange, New Jersey
I love my Jam2 but the main pivot creaks like an old rocking chair when it’s tightened to the proper torque.

If I run it slightly loose (for experiment only) it instantly goes away.

It all started after the first ride which was an early season snow storm, and I’m hoping it’s not a mis-aligned rear end.

I haven’t pulled the rear triangle off yet, hopefully after a good cleaning and some light grease it’ll quiet down.
Mine started creaking like mad after about 3 months and used some light lubricant at the main pivot to eliminate it. Not sure how long it will last before I have to reapply.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles