Glasses with helmet problem.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I'm not even sure if this is a problem and may just be the norm. I've gone through several riding glasses to try and resolve the issue and eventually splashed out on some Oakley's but all with the same outcome.

I have no room around the ear section of the helmet. when the glasses are on resulting in shoving my ears outwards. Apart from being uncomfortable it makes my ears look odd .

The helmets a Pok Axion. size medium which should be spot on and fits nice without glasses.
You can also see the glasses arm at the front of the glasses hitting the helmet, this adds to the problem.

Is this a case of some helmets work and some don't or am i missing something hear?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
If you listen to cycling traditionalists, they'll tell you that you're wearing your glasses properly. But then, they'll also have you dressing like a tap-dancing metrosexual leprechaun. Wear the earpieces UNDER the helmet straps.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Yes but either way the glasses hit the helmet near the front of the glasses arms. i will subscribe for my own sanity, will a tenner do?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is the helmet too far forward on your brow?

helemts worn correctly should sit quite high up your forehead, so that the rear of the helmet is placed correctly to protect your nogin. Obviously it should be too high up but shouldn’t be sitting near your eyebrows

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
................2 answers above already that should resolve the issue. 1 glasses arms under not over the straps. 2 you are wearing the helmet too low over your eyes. The helmet cut out for the ears should be parallel with the ground. If after rectifying those issues you still need a little more clearance, try putting an additional pad in the helmet to raise it a little on your head.

Assuming that helmet has the usual adjuster at the back of the helmet, it not only enables the device to be tightened but it also usually has 3 different position in terms of how far it reaches down the back of your head. You should have that adjusted such that it sits below the extended part at the back of your skull. Loosen the adjuster before putting the helmet on. Position the brow of the helmet at least half way up your forehead, then tighten the adjuster. The helmet should stay on and not wobble even without the chin strap. Finally adjust and secure the chin strap so that the "V" is just below your ear and you can get a finger between your neck and the strap.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Wot he said ^^
POC's own glasses in their own marketing pics are almost always worn by the model/rider with the arms UNDER the straps of each of their helmets. The arms of POC glasses do indeed have a flatter profile than those Oakleys

but if the Oakleys are expensive prescription lenses I'd ditch the POC helmet for a better looking brand that actually fits with your 'em

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Tried everything suggested, the helmet sits a good 2" above my eye brows. Adjusted the internal straps as well.
New helmet time. I like buying shit and having an excuse is even better, even with Garys reasoning for a better looking brand has me justifying a new lid. Cheers guys (y)

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I wrote this review last year. The bit about the ease of use with glasses willl be of interest to you:

I thoroughly recommend the MET Parachute MCR.

It is very comfortable and well ventilated and can be worn with or without the chinbar depending on how you feel on the day (although I always wear it with the chinbar as it feels far more protective, and you forget the chinbar is there until you try to take a drink!). I have worn it all through the summer and have had no problem with overheating (and I do get hot very quickly). It has lots of adjustments for size and fit and is the most comfortable and protective bike helmet I have ever had.

It is quick and easy to attach and detach the chinbar.

It has very good safety test ratings and certification (according to MET it exceeds the internationally agreed standards for downhill helmets, and is the highest rated helmet with a removable chinbar).

For us over 60s (and others with glasses, hearing aids, etc ) it is also much easier than most other full-face helmets to put on and take off whilst wearing glasses, hearing aids etc due to the way you put it on in two parts (it will also make it easier for them to remove it when they wheel you into the hospital).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles