Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
Trifocals from SportRx.

IMG_1669.jpeg

Colin1517

Mar 14, 2023
Lancashire
I don’t use bifocals but I do wear glasses for distance, so can’t ride the mtb without them. I just use my prescription glasses and prescription sunnies when it’s bright and sunny. Never really thought about buying specific riding glasses, touch wood I’ve never damaged my glasses either. They sometimes get caked it mud, but I just leave them on in the shower after a ride. 😂

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I have Oakley Sutro S with a prescription insert from SVED Optical. I tried a pair that were direct glazed from another brand but the lens distortion made me dizzy, I was getting motion sickness anytime I’d ride.

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
I have Oakley Sutro S with a prescription insert from SVED Optical. I tried a pair that were direct glazed from another brand but the lens distortion made me dizzy, I was getting motion sickness anytime I’d ride.
Do you mean like a secondary pair of glasses inside the glasses?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Do you mean like a secondary pair of glasses inside the glasses?
Basically yes, it’s an insert that clips into the nose piece that holds the prescription lenses. I have inserts for both my sunglasses and my goggles, it’s what I’ve found works best for me.

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
Basically yes, it’s an insert that clips into the nose piece that holds the prescription lenses. I have inserts for both my sunglasses and my goggles, it’s what I’ve found works best for me.

Fair enough.
I couldn't get on with them, found that they ended up like blown double glazing.
I use prescription glasses which are expensive but having tried contacts as well there just like normal bike glasess.
The two sets in one just seem to fog up basically.
Yeah it's like £1500 for 4 pairs of prescription glasses of different colours etc but that's what works for me.

Tombie

Mar 11, 2023
Whyalla
I have recently invested in a pair of Rudy rydons with a varifocal prescription lens insert, I also have the photochromic lens and option to change that to a different lens, really like them

Same, have multiple sets of Rudy glasses and move the inserts or swap lenses as required.

Aug 18, 2021
St Helens Tasmania
I tried an insert set of riding glasses, but just didn’t work for me. Next option is to try the OTG safety glasses, but if they don’t work I’ll go back to full OTG mx goggles which I used to use when riding off road. I can wear my normal multi focal glasses underneath and don’t need to spend extra when my prescription changes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles