Giant Trance E SX Pro0

tretopflir

Jun 20, 2018
Shedonopollis
It is finally here.
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg

Waiting since July. Amazing specs. Amazing to ride. Tested Hibike,Specialized,Focus. It was Giant and Spec what I could get first. Yes the Spec has five less pounds but going downhill, this thing is a beast..motor is about same as 2019 Spec I demoed. Sound and power...

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Looks gorgeous.

And great spec. I considered this myself (sucker for orange) but I couldn't get a demo nor delivery date confirmed, so gave up.

First ebike?

tretopflir

Jun 20, 2018
Shedonopollis
Yes first Ebike. Rode MX KTM EXc for a long time. Did some mt biking too. Really started riding more about a yr ago(Giant Anthem29er). Where I live there are a lot of hills and mountains. A co worker suggested a ebike. He is a big cyclist and said they are a blast. I went to a few demo days and meetups. I became hooked. I found myself riding longer times . Pushing myself more...more distance too, so in my heart more fun. More time is good. My muscles are spent at the end of a ride.
More on the bike.....plush is the only way to describe the suspension. Closest to a MX bike.
Yamaha motor....I really like it. Every time I demoed a ebike. I would go with intermediate riders and we took different bikes. Hibike Bosch,Yamaha. Focus I think had Shimano. The old ugly Giant Full E had the Giant/Yamaha motor. I always liked the Yamaha best when jumping on a new bike. I wouldn’t look to see what motor until after going up some good climbs. 500’+. And at the end of the day the Yamahas always had more battery left. After the first time I knew what display was what motor so that blind test ended...the focus/Shimano was nice but least favorite of everyone. Less refined. They were top of the line Sam/Jam models. Not to be too critical but the van had 50 of them in them and the tech had a hard time keeping them in top form. Nothing seemed to work correctly brakes,shifters ,drop posts. I’m sure a new personally own Focus is badass I just didn’t get to ride one.

Ride one control...the white LEDs are hard to see in the sun with no display. I like the control lower for shifting modes but I will find a happy medium for quick glance at mode vs thumb position.
Brakes...the brakes are the best I’ve ever been on since my motorcycle. That being said I’ve heard there are better out there. My LBS tech that did the setup is a downhill racer and did set the up like he likes them. Very progressive and one finger. He also did the breakin. Very happy...

I can’t wait to go places around here to ride. Tahoe,Santa Cruz ,etc. I’m lucky that those pics are in a ride right from my house.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Interesting, i loved the Focus and nearly got one. I think it was because it was the only one on 29 and was much lighter than the rest. Looking forward to hearing your new stories.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles