Getting your emtb on a work stand with ease

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
Where do you get the fake crossbar please?
cheap & cheerful, but does the job.

TheLob

May 23, 2020
Northern Ireland
Bought one of these a couple of years ago, “Neo G RX sacroiliac belt” ,
as I was having a recurring problem in my lower back. It has worked wonders, I wear it when cycling, golfing, gardening etc. I would not think of doing any type of lifting without putting it on. You forget you have it on. Really holds you together!! Hope this is helps some of you with lower back problems.

t_j_oliver

Oct 8, 2020
Canberra, Australia
I just bought one of these, works well if you don't mind getting down low :)

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
New to e- mountain biking, bought a fulfat and a half fat for the miss. Recently bought a park tool 9.2 base model to do basic maintenance. My back is a sensitive thing so I tested a few methods to get the bike up without sacrificing my back. Thought I would share;

Bought a foldable single step 45cm high plastic ladder/bench for the process....

1: For right handed riders, stand on the right of the bike with the stand on the left (center but 2 feet away).
2: Place the bench on the left side of the front wheel.
3: Hold the back brake and from the handlebar push bike back to lift front wheel on ladder.
4: Switch right hand to front brake, bend your knees grab the rear with left hand low and lift rear of bike by using your knees.
5: Once the bike is horizontal pivot the bike (resting on the front wheel on the bench) to fit post (or frame) in pre-opened clamp and rest on bottom of seat. ( the first time you will need to pre-define hight of work stand, then mark it)
6: Maintaining the bike with the left hand let go of the front brake and use your right hand to secure the clamp.
7: Remove the ladder and use as bench to work on the bike.
8: When finished, replace the bench under front wheel and reverse the steps to lower the bike.

Im a techno dinosaure if you are not and like the process pls make a vidéo.

cheers
It can be a PITA if one is old or has back issues etc. I'm 74, male, with so many physical issues it ain't funny.
I remove the battery, and lift the Giant straight up onto the work stand, keeping back straight and using my legs.
Works for me

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I sold my Haibike and bought a Levo SL. My back thanked me immediately.

Put a pulley above the stand and a boat winch on the wall, crank the bike up and swing it into the stand. you can even get a wireless electric winch these days. this is how I get the hardtop off my jeep to put on the soft top.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Rather than lifting using your hands try this little trick.

At the front of the bike put your arm under the headstock/downtube area so that its in the crock of your arm. With the other arm reach over the bike so that are able to get hold of something in or around the seat tube link area. With the knees bent I find it a simple lift onto the work stand as its now close to the body and I'm not ever reaching. Just watch out for where the pedal might end up! ?

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 14.29.23.png

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
Rather than lifting using your hands try this little trick.

At the front of the bike put your arm under the headstock/downtube area so that its in the crock of your arm. With the other arm reach over the bike so that are able to get hold of something in or around the seat tube link area. With the knees bent I find it a simple lift onto the work stand as its now close to the body and I'm not ever reaching. Just watch out for where the pedal might end up! ?

View attachment 54699
Ouch!!! I can see what you mean. I don't think the family jewels would appreciate being crushed by a pedal!!!

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
Great bike, I have the same, what chainring do you have on it? That's not the std one and I haven't seen a compatible one for sale after market.
Plenty discussion here on this, search chainsuck. Went for a steel sram (hard to find!) & YBN chain + the elusive spider, as to avoid potential chainsuck issues. It's what I would switch to in time for durability & sprocket size choice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles