GARY

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Gary and I share a disability, when it comes to being on a bike forum - we work in the industry and often know what we're talking about. I would like to think I have a more diplomatic approach than Gary, I'm certainly nowhere near as prolific as he was, but I know that we shared a sense of wonder at the levels an ignorant person will go to, to pretend they aren't ignorant! Gary's approach was to prove them wrong in the most humiliating way possible, mine is to dip in and out and offer learned knowledge to folk who might actually appreciate it (leaving the ignorant to hopefully learn the hard way :ROFLMAO:)! I'll miss him, just for the fact he often backed up my offerings and was a kindred technical spirit.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
A thread about Gary causing an argument about Gary causing arguments is just beautiful 😂👍🏻

Gotta love the internet.

Wherever he is, hope he’s ok. Seems strange to just disappear like that.

Unless I missed something that sparked it 🤷🏻‍♂️

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Bellend? I learned a new word today.
That, in some indirect way, is the one positive thing that guy brought to my life.
Maybe there would have been more positive things if I hadn't blocked him a LONG time ago.
By coincidence..I've been ignoring you for quite a while now ( which just goes to prove that you can't please all of the people all of the time etc...) ..but I couldn't resist a little peek ...
As you were then...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
By coincidence..I've been ignoring you for quite a while now ( which just goes to prove that you can't please all of the people all of the time etc...) ..but I couldn't resist a little peek ...
As you were then...
I wonder if this means we're all bellends ?

If that's the case, it leads to an important question - what's the collective noun for a group of bellends ?

An assembly of bellends ? It's presumably something which has happened many times in history so would therefore have developed into a specific word ? like a brace of bellends ? You have a knob of butter, maybe it's a knob of bellends ? Obviously in our present climate it would be possible to refer to many politically orientated options, but we try to keep the P word off the forum.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
“Bellenders”?
I’ve never heard this word before nor do I even know what it means. I might even be one?
19665133-0518-4F03-A215-3E5DC62296BF.gif

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Also, given the surprise attack nature of custom titles round here, I'm not sure that claiming to definitely not be something is a good idea. :censored:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Also, given the surprise attack nature of custom titles round here, I'm not sure that claiming to definitely not be something is a good idea. :censored:
Maybe you’re all (insert custom title here) and I’m not. 😉 But then that would make me a (insert another custom title here).

I never should’ve posted in this room …I knew it! But the urge was too strong. 🙄

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
A helpful jerk is still a jerk. Gary is not (was not) the only one. There are others here who are helpful without feeling the need to flex their egos.

Reactions: Dax

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
what's the collective noun for a group of bellends ?

Bellendi?

I'm not low enough to comment re Gary when he's not (apparantly) here to defend himself. I'll just say that in over 20 years of using internet forums he's the only person I have had to set to 'ignore'.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles