Levo Gen 2 Fox X2 upgrade

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Hello , after the stock shock on my levo failed and was beyond repair ( lasted 3 years ) …I upgraded to the fox x2 , on the box it says it’s a 2023 model shock …. I set it up with 2 volume spacers and set the air pressure to the guided recommended psi for my weight , had a flat quick blast down a fire road just to test it out , didn’t ride again for three weeks and noticed when I got on it the sag was massive so took it easy on the ride , got home checked the pressure and I had lost 50 psi ….. pumped it up again to 230psi and then checked again next day 24hrs and same thing ….. lost 50psi …… it didn’t increase so I’m thinking or hoping that it isn’t a warranty issue but something I’ve not done ….. any ideas or guidelines would be good

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Did you pump it up in stages, compressing the shock after each stage?
That may not be the exact method, but the Fox manual describes what and how to do it.
This ensures that properly pressurised air is in all the appropriate places.

Different shocks require different methods. This for example is for a Fox DPX2:
1. Turn the 3-position lever to the OPEN mode.​
2. Start by setting the shock air pressure (psi) to match your​
weight in pounds. With the air pump attached to the shock​
valve, slowly cycle your shock through 25% of its travel 10​
times as you reach your desired pressure. This will equalize​
the positive and negative air chambers and will change the​
pressure on the pump gauge.​

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Did you pump it up in stages, compressing the shock after each stage?
That may not be the exact method, but the Fox manual describes what and how to do it.
This ensures that properly pressurised air is in all the appropriate places.

Different shocks require different methods. This for example is for a Fox DPX2:
1. Turn the 3-position lever to the OPEN mode.​
2. Start by setting the shock air pressure (psi) to match your​
weight in pounds. With the air pump attached to the shock​
valve, slowly cycle your shock through 25% of its travel 10​
times as you reach your desired pressure. This will equalize​
the positive and negative air chambers and will change the​
pressure on the pump gauge.​
I did compress the shock every 50 psi when I set it up , can’t be sure if it was fully open though if I’m honest , I watched tutorial of how to set it up , thanks for the info

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I had the same issue with my 2022 x2 (plus it also started squelching under compression after a while). I sent it to TFTuned for a service who then sent it to Silverfish who replaced most of the shock components with the 2024 upgrades (free of charge) as Fox are/have recalled large numbers of the x2's. Shock has been spot on since then, plus it now has way more mid-stroke support than before.

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
I had the same issue with my 2022 x2 (plus it also started squelching under compression after a while). I sent it to TFTuned for a service who then sent it to Silverfish who replaced most of the shock components with the 2024 upgrades (free of charge) as Fox are/have recalled large numbers of the x2's. Shock has been spot on since then, plus it now has way more mid-stroke support than before.
I did the same thing , after I posted that explanation, I just got straight in touch with silver fish uk and it’s gone in , I registered the shock on its arrival to my home and have heard massive positive feed back on the shock update that silver fish do , thanks for your reply 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles