Levo Gen 2 Upgrade Levo Fox Float X2 2021

diogo282828

Mar 15, 2021
portugal
Hello all,

I've just upgrade my shock to a fox float x2 2021.
Need a bit of help with it.
I dialed in the settings on the shock exactly per fox recommended setup. 210 psi for a 25%sag, I'm 158lbs/72kg. The shock behaves in the initial part of the stroke strangely, or at least very differently than my rockshox that came with the bike. There's a noticeable bump/harshness, It's like there s a groove that the shock needs to overcome in the beginning of the stroke. Pedaling through flat trails with roots and rocks the bike give this bumpinesss to the stroke. It's sort of threshold it n overcomes the come into the nice part of the stroke. I thought the shock was completely off, maybe faulty. I backed the low speed compression and rebound all the way, and it disappears. Right now I have 2 clocks of compression and rebound. I can still feel the bump slightly. High speed is per fox settings and I'm OK with it. 2 volume spacers. So long story short, is this feeling normal? It doesn't feel it. It's very weird. Give me your feedback guys.
Having a har time finding info on this shock for emtb. Thank you.

D

Deleted member 7464

I have mine at about 30% sag and start from there.just make sure all the adjusters are full open before setting the sag.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
1. The pressure sounds high for your weight.
2. With 2 volume spacers you would probably be better off with 30% SAG ( your pressure would also then be c 190? )
3. Reduce high speed compression to 1 or open and increase low speed compression to 5

Do you know what tune the shock has been set at?
What bike/stroke?

For comparison.
I am 80kg ( probably 85kg in riding gear) and my pressure is 230 SAG is set at 30%
Settings ( back from closed) LSR 4 HSR 3 LSC 7 HSC 5
Tune: Compression, Rebound, and Reservoir compression all Medium.
2 volume spacers.

Last edited:

diogo282828

Mar 15, 2021
portugal
Hi,
Concerning pressure your probably right.
Concerning tune, I really don't know. The shock is a 210 with 55 stroke. I really don't know where it's stated the tune.

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
You can look at the code on the shock body and enter it on the Fox site to see the tune you got.

Agreed on the pressure. I am 190 lbs and was running 210 PSI on my Levo/X2 setup when I had it. Personally I run the X2 on the softer side with 3 volume spacers to get it plush in the beginning stroke and still avoid harsh bottom outs.

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I'm 230lbs and run 290psi with 28%sag and 2 spacers. It's super smooth and absorbs big hits and drops like butter. I did use a shockwiz to dial it in ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles