Levo Gen 3 Fox Float X2 Leaking Air - Levo Expert

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
The Fox Float X2 Performance shock on my 22 Levo Expert started leaking air at 500 miles. Went from 175lb of air to 160lb of air in 6 hours, and then 175lb to 100lb over 3 days. Anyone else have issues with this shock?

Shipping mine to Fox for warranty this week.

Fawdy

Jul 4, 2022
Leicestershire
The Fox Float X2 Performance shock on my 22 Levo Expert started leaking air at 500 miles. Went from 175lb of air to 160lb of air in 6 hours, and then 175lb to 100lb over 3 days. Anyone else have issues with this shock?

Shipping mine to Fox for warranty this week.
Yes mine was losing 50psi every ride, so I had it serviced by a Fox Dealer, its been ok but recently on the last ride it was losing air again. I think its a common issue with this X2

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Yes mine was losing 50psi every ride, so I had it serviced by a Fox Dealer, its been ok but recently on the last ride it was losing air again. I think its a common issue with this X2
Mine is currently at Fox Factory for warranty. Let you know what they find.

Santa

Oct 4, 2019
Montreal, Canada
My brand new X2 Factory is losing air as well. Seems to be really apparent if I bottom out. Friend of mine had same issue, was sent to Fox for servicing and that solved it for him.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
My brand new X2 Factory is losing air as well. Seems to be really apparent if I bottom out. Friend of mine had same issue, was sent to Fox for servicing and that solved it for him.
My shock came back in one week. The repair sheet says new seals, damper, and full service. Works great now!

Fawdy

Jul 4, 2022
Leicestershire
It’s been about 3 months since I had my seals replaced and it’s gone again. Frustrated! However it’s currently in the shop for a Gen 3 replacement motor so I’m not riding it anyway😂

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I wonder if its the extended leverage on the shock shaft from the long Yoke on the Levo linkage thats adding additional strain to the shock and causing premature failure?

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
We
I wonder if its the extended leverage on the shock shaft from the long Yoke on the Levo linkage thats adding additional strain to the shock and causing premature failure?
Mine went at 500 miles. I’m back in the dirt now, and I will keep an eye on it.

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
After a service not long after I purchased the bike due to the shock being aerated, it’s now loosing air quickly. Can’t get through a ride without massive air loss. Has close to 1000 km since the last service.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
After a service not long after I purchased the bike due to the shock being aerated, it’s now loosing air quickly. Can’t get through a ride without massive air loss. Has close to 1000 km since the last service.
If it’s within 1 year of purchase, submit a warranty claim and send it back to FOX. I had the same issue and they replaced the internals, seals, serviced and it’s worked excellent 👍

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Mine leaks air. Oddly, it was fine, I left it for 6 weeks over the summer in the house when we went travelling, got back, now it squelches and looses air!

Fox said to me that it was most likely due to the Yoke on the bike. When I explained it was just sat in a house they couldn't explain it :p

Spoke to 3 bike shops and they all helpfully said something along the lines of "Oh the X2 they all do that, they're crap, get a Rockshox"...

Fork is due for an overhaul as well so will send both to TF to look at.

EJDH1970

Dec 7, 2022
Oxford, MA
New to the forum and having the same issue after 700 miles where my X2 on the 22 expert now loses 30+ psi during a ride. I am sending it back to Fox for a service but I am also looking for the best shock option and the X2 as a backup. Any suggestions are appreciated.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Well the X2 on my PRO failed earlier in the year and was loosing air. Got sent off under warranty, came back all good. Haven't done much riding this year and nothing very heavy....and its now gone again, 12 mile bike ride with the kids and it went from 260psi to 130psi. Its been sent off again and my Cain Creek DB is now on again.

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
LBS just called and said Fox would fix the air leak under warranty, but the shock really needs a full rebuild as it has about 1000 km’s on it. Fox will do it for $100 Canadian, normally $250. Fair enough.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles