Kenevo Gen1 2020 Kenevo Fox X2

DC101

May 20, 2019
Kent
Hi

Has anyone fitted a fox X2 to a 2020 Kenevo. Looking for any feedback on the shock compared to the bomber/rockshox

Cheers

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Hi

Has anyone fitted a fox X2 to a 2020 Kenevo. Looking for any feedback on the shock compared to the bomber/rockshox

Cheers

IMG_0292.jpg

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
The coil shock missed in my eyes a bit of progression, the bike uses the stroke very easy. I also had a hard time finding the right spring for my weight. The 105kg I have isn't making this easy.
This is the main reason why I jumped to the air shock, you are way more flexable, you want it stiffer just add some air. It also builds more progression to the end of the stroke and makes the bike easier to ride.

DC101

May 20, 2019
Kent
The coil shock missed in my eyes a bit of progression, the bike uses the stroke very easy. I also had a hard time finding the right spring for my weight. The 105kg I have isn't making this easy.
This is the main reason why I jumped to the air shock, you are way more flexable, you want it stiffer just add some air. It also builds more progression to the end of the stroke and makes the bike easier to ride.
You are similar weight to me, what settings are you running on the X2?

Cheers

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
You are similar weight to me, what settings are you running on the X2?

Cheers
4 clicks from zero rebound to full rebound on Highspeed rebound
3 clicks from zero rebound to full rebound on Low speed rebound
5 clicks from open compression to closed compression on Highspeed compression
4 clicks from open compression to closed compression on Low speed compression

250 psi shock pressure

DC101

May 20, 2019
Kent
4 clicks from zero rebound to full rebound on Highspeed rebound
3 clicks from zero rebound to full rebound on Low speed rebound
5 clicks from open compression to closed compression on Highspeed compression
4 clicks from open compression to closed compression on Low speed compression

250 psi shock pressure
Sound, thanks

Did the shock bolt straight up? Read somewhere that the air can is very close to the frame at full compression

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
The front is a 29 set up with 200mm travel, rear shock is with 65mm travel instead of the 62.5
The rear makes almost 190mm of travel without issues.

Ras Thurlo

Aug 21, 2020
Italy
The front is a 29 set up with 200mm travel, rear shock is with 65mm travel instead of the 62.5
The rear makes almost 190mm of travel without issues.
Sorry for the thread hijack, but a few questions on this:
do you prefer the Kenevo as a mullet?
I like the stock geometry, how close did you end up changing the geometry with this suspension set up?

AverageJoeMTB

Jan 24, 2019
Forest of Dean
I like the stock geometry, how close did you end up changing the geometry with this suspension set up?

Also interested to know this. Been tempted by a 29 front after riding one for the first time. Not after 200mm front travel unless it helps rebalance the geo.

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
I actually bought the frame only and build the bike from scratch, never had the 650 wheel in the front. I personally think the way it is build right now is awesome, the way the bike handles is great, very stable on high speed, jumps and fats cornering. On slow steep corners it isn't due to the triple crown fork. I build the bike for bikepark riding only, if there is a lift to go up I will use it. I ride mostly in Bikepark Winterberg, sometimes it is very crowded and due to this I will ride back up.
I don't do a lot of long trail riding with this bike, I prefer to take my levo to do this.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I'm interest this too. Been riding mullet mode this summer, but with original 27,5 fork.
If I buy new 29 fork, it's axel to crown is almost 2 cm more.

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Does anybody know whether the potential rubbing issue is limited to the 2021 Fox X2 or are they all the same size?

Any way to avoid it without filing the frame?

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
Just swapped an 2021 X2 on to a S5 expert and it fits with "acceptable" frame clearance.
Tuning it with a shock wiz and will report back on my exact setup front and rear.
Starting point is 225psi with 3 volume spacers and a compression ratio of 3.2.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles