Fox Factory Seat Dropper?

SinCityJets

Jun 9, 2019
Redding, Ca
I just purchased a 2019 Comp Carbon, which comes with the X-Fusion Manic seat dropper. I've heard decent things, but I would like to switch to the Fox Factory dropper (with bushing), really just because the look will match the suspension.

Has anyone switched out for the Fox Factory dropper? Any improvement, advantage, or disadvantage?

Thanks!

Chad

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I just purchased a 2019 Comp Carbon, which comes with the X-Fusion Manic seat dropper. I've heard decent things, but I would like to switch to the Fox Factory dropper (with bushing), really just because the look will match the suspension.

Has anyone switched out for the Fox Factory dropper? Any improvement, advantage, or disadvantage?

Thanks!

Chad
I install that post pretty often on customer’s bikes and it’s a very good dropper post. I don’t think the Kashima version is worth the difference in price because there is no discernible performance difference between the two.
The stock Manic post is just as good as the fox post and it’s proven more reliable than the fox. Most of my customers upgrade the lever to one from Wolftooth.
I prefer the the BikeYoke Revive to any dropper post. It comes in 34.9mm sizes and it has the smoothest action if any post I’ve tried. If it develops play at the top of the stroke, just hit the reset lever on the post and it will feel brand new again.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the fox factory on one of my bikes, its good, but no better than any of my other droppers which cost half the price - like you I got it to match my other Fox kit - I would second what @Al Boneta says about the lever, I use the One Up lever with mine (and on all my droppers) as it is much better, as is the Wolf Tooth or PNW Loam Lever.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Yes I've done it. I originally had a 150 and have now changed to a 175. I've had the fox dropper but changed out to a wolftooth. It's by far the best post I've used. The audible clunk up and down is good, it's never let me down and is really easy to fit. I've got a shim in there too
20181102_151058.jpg
IMG_20190601_173614_441.jpg

SinCityJets

Jun 9, 2019
Redding, Ca
Yes I've done it. I originally had a 150 and have now changed to a 175. I've had the fox dropper but changed out to a wolftooth. It's by far the best post I've used. The audible clunk up and down is good, it's never let me down and is really easy to fit. I've got a shim in there too View attachment 14809 View attachment 14810

So do I want the 31.8mm clamp or the 22?? I’m confused....easy to do!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles