Levo Gen 3 New Fox Float X factory

Miscel76

Oct 31, 2020
Melbourne
Hi All
I'm switching from the Rocky Mountain page to this as I just bought a Levo Comp Carbon 2022.
I'm very excited 🤩🤩🤩to the new bike and I need to transfer all my components from the Rocky to the Spesc. The only thing I cannot swap is the shock which is a X2 Float factory as it has different measurement. Now I cannot find any X2 float in all world (really all world) in the size 210X55 and mainly because I've just found out that Fox has messed up with this shock and they are not realising anything until they will get all the issues sorted (ETA is roughly September/October for the new model 2023).
Now the only shock available to pair with my Fox 38 factory is the new Float X 2022. Has actually anyone had a chance to testing it on the Levo gen 3? I'm bit nervous that it won't cope with my riding style which is quite aggressive and I really like gnarly stuff. Also I forgot to mention that my fork is 170mm travel 44offset and I'm planning to put the cascade link to increase travel to 160 on the rear. Any thought about it will be very appreciate!m 🙏
P.S.
My weight with the riding gears is 76Kg/168 pounds

Cheers
Michael

Phoenix66

Apr 3, 2022
France
Hi,
I have the same bike and was sceptical about the float X I intented to swap for an X2 but i wanted to test it first because it is dialed for this bike and seemed a little more poppy than x2 for jumps.

It's just my opinion but i found the shock just great and far beyond my expectations, dead easy to dial and supportive enough as I live in a place with gardens rocks (south of france), and very progressive.

hope that helps.

Edit: i had a kenevo 2020 before with coil

Last edited:

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
Hi All
I'm switching from the Rocky Mountain page to this as I just bought a Levo Comp Carbon 2022.
I'm very excited 🤩🤩🤩to the new bike and I need to transfer all my components from the Rocky to the Spesc. The only thing I cannot swap is the shock which is a X2 Float factory as it has different measurement. Now I cannot find any X2 float in all world (really all world) in the size 210X55 and mainly because I've just found out that Fox has messed up with this shock and they are not realising anything until they will get all the issues sorted (ETA is roughly September/October for the new model 2023).
Now the only shock available to pair with my Fox 38 factory is the new Float X 2022. Has actually anyone had a chance to testing it on the Levo gen 3? I'm bit nervous that it won't cope with my riding style which is quite aggressive and I really like gnarly stuff. Also I forgot to mention that my fork is 170mm travel 44offset and I'm planning to put the cascade link to increase travel to 160 on the rear. Any thought about it will be very appreciate!m 🙏
P.S.
My weight with the riding gears is 76Kg/168 pounds

Cheers
Michael
You can check Cascade Components, they product a special rear linkage in which you can firstly increase the travel, and secondly the shock size. Take a look at it if you're investing ;)

This is an EU link, if you're in the US or Canada I think you can change the region ;)

Phoenix66

Apr 3, 2022
France
@Phoenix66 thanks for share it👍 which fork do you have?
I still have the fox 36 rythm OEM, planned to change for a 38 but quite surprised too by its quality despite the only slow rebound setting, and it seems the 38 is better for strong guys (over 85 kgs), but can be too stiff and less precise for lighters one.

I'm interested by the cascade link but some here on this forum said it rises the bike level and again for the moment the stock shock and link combo is great.

My only advice is to give a try to the stock shock.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles