Ep8 rattle even when pedaling now

mauke

Jul 28, 2021
Nederland
My spectral on 2021 has now riding 1200km and the rattle is louder then it was i gues..
Even when i am peddaling uphill over rocks i hear the rattle now.
Are there more bikers that have this noise when pedaling? Need to know before i contact canyon and i had deristrict the bike so i hope that there are more bikes with the nois because canyon wil not take warranty i guess?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Make sure that a) your crank arms are not loose and b) your chainring is not loose and c) your cassette is not loose.

mauke

Jul 28, 2021
Nederland
No these are not loose. The rattle is the same noise as the downhill noise only now uphill to..

mauke

Jul 28, 2021
Nederland
There is no play. Behind the chainring you see a hole without a bolt in it.. should there be a bolt in? Or is this for service at the motor?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There is no play. Behind the chainring you see a hole without a bolt in it.. should there be a bolt in? Or is this for service at the motor?
That looks like a hex bolt for something ? (like holding the motor together). The torx bolts are the motor mounts.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA

I think that's just an optional mounting location for a motor cover. Each bike is a bit different.

mauke

Jul 28, 2021
Nederland
Good morning! The noise is gone and im verry happy.. i swapped my backweel with the hardtail 29er and the noise is gone now.. had removed the cassette from the 27.5 spectral wheel and it was maby not at the good nm i gues. Not verry loose but not at 40nm!
Cleaned everything en now the rattle is only downhill.
Thanks for the tips guys! Here a foto from the bikes together, have a nice day!

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Good morning! The noise is gone and im verry happy.. i swapped my backweel with the hardtail 29er and the noise is gone now.. had removed the cassette from the 27.5 spectral wheel and it was maby not at the good nm i gues. Not verry loose but not at 40nm!
Cleaned everything en now the rattle is only downhill.
Thanks for the tips guys! Here a foto from the bikes together, have a nice day!

Glad to hear it. The other possibility, given your description, is worn freehub bearings, but see if torquing the cassette lockring works first.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles