EP8 rattle when pedaling in low gears (motor on and off)

burtonrider06

Sep 17, 2021
CA - USA
Hi All,

Recently got an ebike with an ep8 motor. I noticed there’s a rattle the lower the gear the bike is in. Noticiable starting in 3rd. Very noticeable in first gear. I found that it makes this rattle noise even when the motor is running or not. If I’m climbing and in 1st it sounds reallly bad. Bike has 10 miles on it.

Video of rattle.
Anybody have suggestions? Thanks

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
TheEP8Rattle is a known "feature".....but it should only be there, when you're not pedaling and running over rough terrain.
Mine is quite quit even when not pedaling - but if I really listen hard, I can sometimes notice it.

burtonrider06

Sep 17, 2021
CA - USA
Yep. I’m aware of the one that’s rattling when not pedaling but this is definitely not it. I could pedal on flat cement and hear it very loudly

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
I have an EP8 motor on my Heckler and it's extremely quiet. The noise you describe is not normal as you have already figured out. If the bike is still under warranty it sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. Since the internals on the EP8 are not serviceable it may require a motor replacement. I'm only guessing but it sounds like a bearing or bushing of some type may be bad.??

burtonrider06

Sep 17, 2021
CA - USA
I have an EP8 motor on my Heckler and it's extremely quiet. The noise you describe is not normal as you have already figured out. If the bike is still under warranty it sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. Since the internals on the EP8 are not serviceable it may require a motor replacement. I'm only guessing but it sounds like a bearing or bushing of some type may be bad.??
Thanks for that. This was my first ride so it’s still in warranty. I also have a heckler

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles