EMTBs versus Horses

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
I came across two nice ladies on horses while out on my bike yesterday. We were all very courteous, and friendly in the British way, and we had a nice chat. But it struck me as really weird why anyone would want a horse. As I rode on I thought of 10 reasons why EMTBs are better than horses:
  1. You can upgrade your EMTB, but horses dislike having their bits swapped over for lighter, higher performance more rigid versions.
  2. You don't need to muck out your EMTB every morning.
  3. Your EMTB doesn't sweat huge gobs of white froth (though the EMTB rider might)
  4. Both can hurl you to the floor without warning, but your EMTB is less likely to trample you to death in the process.
  5. EMTBs don't have wild staring eyes and weird slobbery lips.
  6. It's messy to remove your horse's legs and head to put it in the back of your car, and future functionality is badly impaired should you do so.
  7. Lubing up your horse could get you into trouble with the authorities.
  8. You don't have to shoot your EMTB if it stops working, though the EMTB vet bills can get quite high.
  9. EMTBs can get through smaller gaps and you don't whack your head on branches so much.
  10. EMTBs dont dump steaming piles of manure on otherwise pristine trails.
Any more? And for a balanced opinion, we should allow reasons why horses are better I suppose.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
First one that came mind was e-mtb won't kick you in the nutz but hit the dropper remote unexpectedly and well, WRONG.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Great clips from Zim - I think pretty memorable possibly unique , e-mtb on a beach keeping up with a fast beauty and no background noise - just wind & hooves.

* more accurately: Kenevo keeping up with fast beauties :cool:

Last edited:

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Injured horses are a good opportunity for parents to teach their children about end of life decisions.

Bikes are a scary opportunity to break a leg and face that conversation from the receiving end....

I'm not looking forward to the day my hospital bill is more than a new emtb and sprogette leads with " Dad, time for a harsh reality talk "

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
One only has to look at sports injuries and quickly you realise how harsh it is when 1 tonne of horse lands on you.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
One only has to look at sports injuries and quickly you realise how harsh it is when 1 tonne of horse lands on you.
Not many people compete on Shire horses, Bretons, Cydesdales .. But the more average 450-650 kg of a Race/Show Jumping/Dressage/Cross country horse will certainly pulp up a human body quite easily. I had my head stood on by one a few weeks ago and if I'd not had a Full Face on, my replies would be even more stupid than they are already (though were probably a bit more irate from brain squish in that period). Fractured ribs from one 4 months ago. Fractured Skull from one 2 years ago and I'm only the stable lad.

I'm about even on which is most dangerous EMTB or Horses. They are nice though.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Why does friendly in the British way mean? Quick romp in the woods?!? That sums up my experience with British women.....quite friendly indeed.
You can also add that EMTBs don’t panic when they see a snake. Or decide to scratch their back on a fence with your ankle in the way, after getting stitches there.
......but you get a better rhubarb patch if you own a horse and collect the proceeds.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I had my head stood on by one a few weeks ago and if I'd not had a Full Face on, my replies would be even more stupid than they are already (though were probably a bit more irate from brain squish in that period). Fractured ribs from one 4 months ago. Fractured Skull from one 2 years ago and I'm only the stable lad.

Have you thought about getting a different hobby, such as hamster breeding Zimmer?

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
88183218_2547639605344373_4687370772476329984_o.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
such as hamster breeding Zimmer?
Do you think that's a good idea ? Even if it was successful, wouldn't we just end up with some injury prone hamsters ??

I can't help but think, no matter which way round you try it, there's a high risk of either injury to the hamster or injury to the Zimmer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles