Straight from the horses mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Well Boris Johnson has said it’s ok to get out on ones bicycle for exercising so that’s what I plan to do this Wednesday, it’ll be the second occasion I’ll have been out in my new Emtb, the first was a full loop of the three reservoirs of Ladybower, Derwent and Howden, I’ve bought myself a new replacement saddle as the supplied one isn’t quite wide enough for my sit bone position, is anyone else going out, I’m taking advantage of it because I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there is a total lockdown over the horizon.

Sean

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
I'm out on route 67 to Rothervalley, Wednesday. A pleseant 35 mile round trip virtually all off road and all by myself

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Rother valley county park is on my door step so I think I might just do the same, thanks for putting that one out there jamy ?

Sean

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
I just wanted to say my ride will be a local ride which will NOT involving a journey by car, I am being responsible and not mixing with anyone at all.

Sean
There were some questions asked on the One O'Clock news today, and a chap asked about driving 30 mins to "somewhere" presumably open countryside, for his 60 min run, or did the ruling mean all exercise had to begin from the house? Correspondent said that was absolutely fine to do as he was not mixing with people.

Speaking for myself, I think this means its OK for me to say, go up to Sutton Bank on a Sunday and go for a ride. I go from my clean house to clean car and out in the wilds.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
There were some questions asked on the One O'Clock news today, and a chap asked about driving 30 mins to "somewhere" presumably open countryside, for his 60 min run, or did the ruling mean all exercise had to begin from the house? Correspondent said that was absolutely fine to do as he was not mixing with people.

Speaking for myself, I think this means its OK for me to say, go up to Sutton Bank on a Sunday and go for a ride. I go from my clean house to clean car and out in the wilds.

The only thing I don't like about his answer from the news is he didn't mention the need to use a petrol station if you drive somewhere, and the extra chances of transmitting the virus from everyone using the same hose to fill up.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield

Oh right that’s interesting, I might just go out into the Peak District then, the place I was going to is out of the way and if there was any people out in numbers then I would go somewhere else instead, as I’ve said I have health issues so I don’t want to put myself at risk let alone my wife or daughter, but thanks for letting us know about that mate ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
So you lot honestly believe travelling to the petrol pumps to fill up then 30 minutes car journey for your fucking elctric bike ride is ESSENTIAL?
You're either a fucking selfish cretin or a complete retard if you do.
Which is it?
Click on the link and read it all properly!

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
And if people get injured while riding or have a car accident, they're not only creating more work for the overstretched ambulance and/or hospital services but adding more chances of virus transmission.
Just stay at home and if you desperate to cycle go around the block a few times.

Last edited:

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
We are in lockdown to help the NHS and save lives. We are permitted to leave our homes for basic exercise include cycling but this is not a green light to jump in your car and head off into the countryside. Please stop being part of the problem.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
And if you get injured while riding or have a car accident, you're not only creating more work for the overstretched ambulance and/or hospital services but adding more chances of virus transmission.
Just stay at home and if you desperate to cycle go around the block a few times.
To be honest that’s what I was going to do, in my original post I did mention that I was going to stay local didn’t expect to get fucking insulted in the process of this thread and I never mentioned anything about going to a petrol stations so what that outburst was about I don’t know, sorry Jackware I didn’t mean to post this on your reply, it wasn’t your reply that wound me up mate

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just don't be a dick and ride local.
It really shouldn't be this difficult to understand why you need to stop being selfish right now!
A child could explain it to you!

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
To be honest that’s what I was going to do, in my original post I did mention that I was going to stay local didn’t expect to get fucking insulted in the process of this thread and I never mentioned anything about going to a petrol stations so what that outburst was about I don’t know, sorry Jackware I didn’t mean to post this on your reply, it wasn’t your reply that wound me up mate

No worries, I think Supratad's reply was the catalyst for the other replies - I've edited my original post to reflect that I was talking generally to all.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
FFS! Read this

Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do

is it really so difficult for you lot to understand what is meant by

You must stay at home apart from essential travel
Who said anything about jumping in a car. For a start I can not drive. All my transportation needs are met by cycling or public transport.
I haven't left my house for over 7 days now. I have been told by the government I'm allowed to excercise once a day of which cycling is allowed. I will be alone.
And for those who say what if I have an accident and need to pull resources from the NHS then I'd like to say I will be travelling on the national cycle network route 67 and route 6.
I think we know who's been doing all the stockpiling of shopping

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Petrol stations have those gloves by the pumps anyway. We keep hand gels in the car anyway, so using those once you get back in will be fine.

Unfortunately, it's not about whether you catch the virus from the pumps, it's whether you transmit the virus to anyone else - like the nurse or delivery driver using the pump after you. The best advice I've seen so far is for everyone to imagine they already have the virus, and to do what is necessary not to infect anyone else!

If you are using hand sanitizers, then I would suggest using one after getting out of the car and closing the door. Then use another one before opening the car door again.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Unfortunately, it's not about whether you catch the virus from the pumps, it's whether you transmit the virus to anyone else - like the nurse or delivery driver using the pump after you. The best advice I've seen so far is for everyone to imagine they already have the virus, and to do what is necessary not to infect anyone else!

If you are using hand sanitizers, then I would suggest using one after getting out of the car and closing the door. Then use another one before opening the car door again.

Ok, to argue that point specifically. Hypothetically I have the virus or the virus is on the pump handle, I get out of my car, I put on the plastic gloves, I pump diesel into my car, I put the gloves in the bin. My skin has not touched the pump handle.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
FFS stop arguing and just be a decent human for once instead of a selfish cretin.
Driving your car to a specific place you happen to fancy riding your fucking electric bike round is in no way an essential journey for "exercise". and no matter how fucking careful you "think" you're being. you're being selfish as fuck.
If you do need your car to travel to a genuinely essential job role, hospital, chemist or to buy food and happen to need fuel to do so then it's time to put your sensible petrol pump routine into practice.
Less of your stupid selfish leisure activity journeys and you'll also need to fill up your car less.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
All the selfish arseholes need to pack it in right now. Travelling to ride your bike is not okay and you’re making me agree with @Gary. Which is even less okay!

I’ll post the pics in here too, for the hard of thinking.
IMG_0707.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles